What I Got Today!

Brac

49 minutes ago, Pete H said:

What other DAC's are you including in that statement?  Just curious, as there are so many different flavors.

Benchmark HCG3, Topping DX7S PRO (among a couple others) , Cambridge Audio 851d, gustard x16, Audioquest dragonfly.   Several others. 

11 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Benchmark HCG3, Topping DX7S PRO (among a couple others) , Cambridge Audio 851d, gustard x16, Audioquest dragonfly.   Several others. 

What is it about this one that makes you smile?

Finally got my hands on one of these... Instead of buying of a scalper, I just bought a bundle at Costco, which actually wasn't a terrible deal.  A massive upgrade from my Xbox One S... Which was a downgrade from my PS4 Pro, but I got it from a friend who got it as a gift, and I wanted to get back into the Xbox as I have always preferred it.  

51248223518_92459fd8c5_k.jpg

Also got a new clutch and lighter flywheel for my track S2000.  Only took 5 hours from start to finish!

51243077196_d5c9f2c752_k.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, A1UC said:

211 SET. Output power is 30 watts per channel using 211s and 35 watts per channel using 845s. 50fc771bad76f8c2a70a15125f64fad9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Those are the amps I aspire to. I have Aric's Super KT88/150 SE and I can tell you it's something special.  Please let us know what you think about that amp.

The only negative thing I can say is that those blue meters are piercing in a dark room. I even tinted mine and although it knocked them down quite a bit, they are still too much. I just prop an album cover in front of the amp when I'm listening at night.

Shakey

IMG_0741[1].jpg

• Like 2

Congrats. Those are the amps I aspire to. I have Aric's Super KT88/150 SE and I can tell you it's something special.  Please let us know what you think about that amp.

The only negative thing I can say is that those blue meters are piercing in a dark room. I even tinted mine and although it knocked them down quite a bit, they are still too much. I just prop an album cover in front of the amp when I'm listening at night.

Shakey
783653768_IMG_07411.thumb.jpg.76a53eb2029352adb76a763b1fe6cd44.jpg

211 is like 1200v any work it will for sure be going back to Aric lol

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Islander said:

Looking good.  As we know, red parts go faster.  Rev with confidence!

Do you road race, drift, or do autocross?  The S2000 should be great at all of those.

I mostly road race, with some AutoX.  I look forward to bumping the boost now that I have a clutch to hold it.  Only need 8.5 PSI to make 400hp at the wheels, which is nice in keeping it all cool. 

https://youtu.be/AMseIuq7P-s

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, A1UC said:

I like that picture where you find that ?

I honestly don't know.  I saw it somewhere and it told my story so I copied it and finally shared it when I got the VPI.  I've got an ultra-sonic sitting here that I can't use.  It's sold btw.  With a pacer I have to stay far away from neodymium magnets that most use to hold the lp's in place.  Just shared it w/the VPI cause it was revelant to me.  Wish I had one though!  :)

• Like 1

I honestly don't know.  I saw it somewhere and it told my story so I copied it and finally shared it when I got the VPI.  I've got an ultra-sonic sitting here that I can't use.  It's sold btw.  With a pacer I have to stay far away from neodymium magnets that most use to hold the lp's in place.  Just shared it w/the VPI cause it was revelant to me.  Wish I had one though!  [emoji4]

Found a bunch for sale with Google search

Just now, A1UC said:

Found a bunch for sale with Google search

Atta boy!  I've got so much stuff to hang in here right now I honestly don't know where I'd put it if I had it.  Great rendition though imo.  Getting closer to hanging stuff in here.  Place is gonna be a museum when I'm done.   I've got stacks of stuff leaning in here while i try to make up my mind what I'm gonna hang.  THEN I make the mistake of going to the stash in the closet and changing my mind.  Think I'll just rotate stuff on the walls.  Too many memories and just way too much stuff.  Just an old rock hoarder.  😂

• Like 2