What I Got Today!

Brac

Well jump right in there too Shiva!  😂  😂  😂 

@dtel  Remember about 5 years ago when I joined this place?  You told me it was a slippery slope in here?  You were spot ON with that comment.  Talk about wallet raping at it's finest...  😂  😂  😂    Gotta go...  Time to slather on some more Armour All on this old subwoofer I bought.  $50 for Dura Tex?  Nope not me.  Looks great too.  Hahahaha

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@dtel  Remember about 5 years ago when I joined this place?  You told me it was a slippery slope in here?  You were spot ON with that comment.  Talk about wallet raping at it's finest...  😂  😂  😂   

Hmm, are you saying it's a complete rip off? 

• Confused 1

I was just reading here about someone having to swap cables when listening to different gear.  That's so old school man, tires me out just thinking about it.😀  With this little device, it's a thing of the past.  It requires no power, switches from one to the other with a nice satisfying click and according to Amir over at ASR, is also completely transparent to the signal.  That was good enough for me to try it out.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IMG_20210814_100614.thumb.jpg.fd35456b9101cde7f676418ff61f97f0.jpgIMG_20210814_100739.thumb.jpg.a2781f9fcb8a22e71c8c293a3284d0b7.jpg

Saw these baby klipsches this week on local ebay and couldn´t say no at the price asked. I´ve been looking for some speakers for the dining room, since i moved the Heresys from there to the living room. They are almost spotless and sound great for their size. I guess, it´s time to un-dust that old Yamaha sub to take care of the low end.

Nonetheless i´m still on the hunt for some KG2.0...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 8/10/2021 at 11:45 AM, Dave1291 said:

@dtel  Remember about 5 years ago when I joined this place?  You told me it was a slippery slope in here?  You were spot ON with that comment.  Talk about wallet raping at it's finest...  😂  😂  😂    Gotta go...  Time to slather on some more Armour All on this old subwoofer I bought.  $50 for Dura Tex?  Nope not me.  Looks great too.  Hahahaha

Yes I didn't lie, if you go tubes or ss, digital or albums, small speakers or large, active or passive,  it makes no difference.

The one problem is you always wonder what would "this" sound like, what ever it is and without listening you have no idea what you might be missing. Some seem to never give up looking, me, I gave up, I know there are improvements to be had but this is the best byfar I have ever had and are no longer looking. Now if a deal on electronics comes along I might look, it would have to be a steal, but just happy listening now which makes my wife happy also. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I gave up, I know there are improvements to be had but this is the best byfar I have ever had and are no longer looking.

That pretty much makes two of us.  It's that "brass ring on the carousel" thingy that just keeps workin on me.  Soooo much stuff out there today.  That switcher it calling my name though cause I really would love to take the easy way out so I could relax and enjoy the speaker voicing sittin on this front wall.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

Often we find words of wisdom in places we don´t expect. Wow Dtel.

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

That pretty much makes two of us.  It's that "brass ring on the carousel" thingy that just keeps workin on me.  Soooo much stuff out there today.  That switcher it calling my name though cause I really would love to take the easy way out so I could relax and enjoy the speaker voicing sittin on this front wall.  

I have wondered about better sound since I was about 13 listening to albums on my parents console radio,  50 years ago. After chasing great sound most of my life and realizing how lucky I am to have wife who likes it also and friends who helped me get where I am, plus many here giving advice. I realized it would take alot to make any changes to gain something worth while, so I now just enjoy it, what I am hearing is the best I have ever had by a large amount and I am grateful to everyone who helped along the way. At 63 and retired I just want to enjoy whatever is left, and it's exactly what we are doing.

I have been on this forum for over 18 years and the money saved from advice from people and just good advice overall has made a big difference, there was no money to be wasted. And of course the great deals and more is what made it happen. 

And the people I have been lucky enough to become friends with from here and from Klipsch to the point of all of us getting together in person regularly at each other houses for days at a time just having fun is great, we all look forward to it. That is by far the best part, easily, for example.....A few weeks ago we went to Hope to work on the museum Craig Straus (great guy) and I, and after a couple of days we took off with Roy joining and went to Kevins Harmons house in the mountains in AR for a couple days. Yes he moved from Lafayette LA to Ar. We all left after a few days and stopped off at Craigs house on the way back south and stayed overnight, Kevin joined us. We just like all being together and have a good time.

I only said this because over the last year I have realized how much fun this is, I was kind of becoming burned out on working at/with the museum. What saved me was who I was able to become better friends with by doing that, just being sround them made me reaize how lucky I was.

For me It started out about finding better sound and it has become much more important.

Never really said much about this before but there it is, sorry to go on so long.

It's why I am still here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

That switcher it calling my name though cause I really would love to take the easy way out so I could relax and enjoy the speaker voicing sittin on this front wall.  

Well that's not really to try to improve sound, it's more of a way to make things easier to work with, less trouble, so it's a little different. imo

And it will not cost me anything.:blush: sorry I couldn't help it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, RandyH said:

how is the work at the museum going on ,are you guys   almost done ?

Were almost done with the first floor, were working on the last room which will be the HT room. Also the kitchen is not done but that will wait since all of the appliances are very old and it's really not needed right away. 

Some plumbing needs to be done, like tie in the second half bath in the front and move the hot water heater and replace it with a new one, it was in a terrible place and very old. Overall the first floor looks great, 100 year old carpet pulled out including horse hair padding. We pulled out the floor trim and sanded all of the floors which were original Oak and applied coats of clear, they look great now. Plus all the rooms were cleaned and repainted 2-3 coates plus the ceiling and stairway. It's a large house 3 stories and around 5000sf, but we got it for a steal considering it only need cosmetic work except for the plumbing changes. The house it 100 this year.

Don't laugh at the colors, much, they are original colors from when the house was built, acording to Sherwin Williams.

Pic of wet clear coat, it dried to a satin finish, it was coated a few times. Another pic of the outside off the internet, it is the house on the left, the house next to it is the Clinton musuem run by the national park service.

museum (29).jpg

museum (15).jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1