What I Got Today!

Brac

Just now, JL Sargent said:

I"m driving and singing along with my car stereo which has at least one speaker blown. 🤣

Car stereos can be fantastic, but you will drop just as much money OR MORE into one from a quality klipsch setup. Think Cornwall IV money with the proper setup.. (focal speakers, zapco amps, JL subs and so on....) Keep your blown speaker mate 😂

• Like 2

Also I have been trying to find a way to say this without it coming across wrong so here I go .

You would not put a 9k power cable on a 2500.00 piece of gear .

I have a very good system at our other house but would not put Sigma or Omega on it , it just makes no sense because of the value of the gear . I use Allnic speaker cables and mogami rca's . My main system is totally diffrent to justify the cost .

When you get to the top tier cables you need to have a certain type of gear to really take advantage these types of cables .

Again I'm not putting anyones system down I'm just trying to explain this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Ouch....  Kind of surprised at that response from you.... To each his or her own I guess? 

It’s a joke. I know it’s not popular in our society to say funny things these days, but I still act out from time to time,  cancel culture be damned.

Just say NO still applies. I got some BJC and heard a difference so clueless for the most part on the new stuff.  Yup, just say NO!  BUT...  [emoji23]

Trust me on this , don't get sucked into this higher end gear very bad addiction. I wish I could shake it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From all the speakers and gear I have been through the Devore 0/96 are the best sounding speakers and at 13k it's a bargain . I could listen all night I enjoy them that much .

As for a music server Aurender W20 is the sweet spot along with Lampi golden Atlantic TRP DAC

A nice 300B amp and you got a excellent system

• Haha 1

I've been good at avoiding buying ridiculous high end and spending crazy amounts of money. I was digging that 

Topping thread.  High end sound on a budget in compact form factor.   It's much easier for me to be impressed with gear that fits a given budget vs. No budget on gear..... So I understand your constant swapping of gear as a result to get that last little bit.

• Thanks 1

I've heard enough of this stuff to know that affordable gear can sound amazing when it's set up and dialed in properly.

I also know that the big buck stuff can and will sound downright disappointing when not set up right. Sad but true.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SWL said:

I've heard enough of this stuff to know that affordable gear can sound amazing when it's set up and dialed in properly.

There are few things quite as satisfying as creating an affordable system that sounds amazing.

• Like 2

There are few things quite as satisfying as creating an affordable system that sounds amazing.
No doubt. I remember going into this high end place once (actually several times)......Krell, McIntosh etc. etc.....and they had all glass walls and ceramic tile floors. Everything sounded like ***. No attempt was made as far as positioning, location, nuthin!

The cool thing was in one of the rooms they actually had some small Klipsch floor standers. RF-25's or something I can't remember. They sounded really good! I just remember me and my uncle (also a Klipsch guy) laughing our asses off at how they sounded better than speakers costing wayyyy more and the salesman giving us some line of crap.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Heard a Paragon with all Mac gear on it when I was a kid.  THAT blew me away.  Guy had a record store and sold high dollar magnavox home systems and records.  His kid was a buddy so I got to listen to it a couple times.  His dad said that's why he got the JBL line was to get the Paragon for himself.  

I've seen my share of studios and cable does make a difference.  I'm just "comfy in my own skin" right now.  I don't see that changing anytime soon.  Just waitin on my toaster is enough stress for me!  :)

• Like 1