What I Got Today!

Brac

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Full HT I take it and biamped mains?  Several subs

Bi-amped mains and center. No passive XOs via xilica 8080. Carver TFM-25 x 3 at the bottom for 4 x Heresies surround L/R and surround back L/R. You can see 1 of the ceiling mounted Heresy peeking out with dual Crowns at the top of the rack to the right. Getting the Heresies onto the ceiling by myself was no small task.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VDS said:

How’s the Gaia working out? I have a T2, wondering how adding Gaia would change things. Thanks

I have had the Venus II, Gaia combo for a couple of months. Not a huge difference over the Venus II alone.... I've written about it elsewhere on the forum.

I was curious about the clock sync. So contemplated a T 2 when I found a local T+. Today is the day to switch the Gaia over to the T+.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

No it's not horn loaded, yes they will sound incredible as a pair. 

A pair as in you bought two of them? Damn man you better nail everything down and warn the neighbors to do the same! From their website:

Design Vented
Drivers Two 18" Extreme Duty Woofers
Powered Yes
Amp 1920W RMS (4300W PEAK)
Enclosure CNC machined MDF
Frequency Response 14Hz-150Hz Anechoic (+/-3dB)
In-Room Extension 9Hz-11Hz
Size (DxWxH) 28" x 20" x 48" with grille
Weight 189 lbs

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Sure did 

Ha!  When I put that pair of twin 18's in my array I just have one minor problem.  All the junk I'm hanging in here NEVER stays straight anymore.  NEVER!  hahahaha  Picked up a pack of 3-M sticky lil circle thingys for cabinet doors and they kinda help.  :)   😂 

Have fun and congrats.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Have fun

Oh I will, thanks. Had to sell the prior pair and a couple amps to get the upgrade is all.  I didn't buy new so that helped.   Honestly, I doubt I'll keep both subs.  Had to buy the pair to get a better deal. The two psa single 18"w I had were very very impressive to say the least.   Super clean.   I hate one note wonder subs or sloppy subs.   Not so with PSA.  The new b&c woofers will surely be next level from my past  experience with them.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

THAT looks like a VERY nice ride.  Kick it up a lil extra for me later and smirk!  Ya DONE  good!  :)

If you are talking to me, thanks.   Barely on is plenty, up a tiny bit more becomes violent quickly.   Super tight and deep this sub is m. Perfect blend with the mains crossed at 40. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:17 PM, A1UC said:

My new DAC ships from FL audio show tomorrow can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. I really hope you get maximum enjoyment out of this new system of yours. I was wondering what that giant Star Trek looking machine is on the left. Is that the Pre-amp he built? Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Please don't even think about going there. Keep what sanity you have left. JK.

• Like 1

Congrats. I really hope you get maximum enjoyment out of this new system of yours. I was wondering what that giant Star Trek looking machine is on the left. Is that the Pre-amp he built? Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Please don't even think about going there. Keep what sanity you have left. JK.

It's a VAC integrated 150k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk