What I Got Today!

Brac

Congrats. I really hope you get maximum enjoyment out of this new system of yours. I was wondering what that giant Star Trek looking machine is on the left. Is that the Pre-amp he built? Holy Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Please don't even think about going there. Keep what sanity you have left. JK.

http://www.vac-amps.com/productPages/Statement452_iQ.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 2

Have been thinking about some new Gold Lions for my wittle PrimaLuna integrated.  Yea, putting it off for the last few months but also knowing it was time.  THEN the Crimean garbage started so I started thinking I'd better jump while I could.  So made the call.  KT88's are 4-6 weeks out and I'm praying they show up.  IF not I know where I can get a quad.  @A1UC?  I mean it's only HALF of what you run.    😂    Lawdy man!  

IMG-20220301-115301330.jpg

New-tubes-3-1-2022.jpg

😂  😂  😂

• Like 2

Have been thinking about some new Gold Lions for my wittle PrimaLuna integrated.  Yea, putting it off for the last few months but also knowing it was time.  THEN the Crimean garbage started so I started thinking I'd better jump while I could.  So made the call.  KT88's are 4-6 weeks out and I'm praying they show up.  IF not I know where I can get a quad.  [mention=49590]A1UC[/mention]?  I mean it's only HALF of what you run.    [emoji23]    Lawdy man!  

New-tubes-3-1-2022.jpg

[emoji23]  [emoji23]  [emoji23]

I ended up just buying a quad of RK KT88 , getting harder to source stuff nowadays. I waited 3 months for transformers to be done . You'll be happy with those tubes .

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 7:44 PM, Dave1291 said:

Have been thinking about some new Gold Lions for my wittle PrimaLuna integrated.  Yea, putting it off for the last few months but also knowing it was time.  THEN the Crimean garbage started so I started thinking I'd better jump while I could.  So made the call.  KT88's are 4-6 weeks out and I'm praying they show up.  IF not I know where I can get a quad.  @A1UC?  I mean it's only HALF of what you run.    😂    Lawdy man!  

New-tubes-3-1-2022.jpg

😂  😂  😂

I ordered gold lion KT88s from Vivatube last week. I got them Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Dave MacKay said:

Today I added a second THTLP subwoofer:

1782223008_THTLPNo2.thumb.JPG.8c7bba36d2dc11a8b43559e800f8a28b.JPG

The box on the front of the subwoofer is a SPA250DSP plate amp.

Here's a photo of it in place:

1335454790_Listeningroom.thumb.jpg.907105512dd79a35cf442d42c77dde57.jpg

The La Scalas are fantastic, but the La Scala/THTLP combo is incredible!

Aren't the THTs amazing?

• Like 2

Today I added a second THTLP subwoofer:
1782223008_THTLPNo2.thumb.JPG.8c7bba36d2dc11a8b43559e800f8a28b.JPG
The box on the front of the subwoofer is a SPA250DSP plate amp.

Here's a photo of it in place:
1335454790_Listeningroom.thumb.jpg.907105512dd79a35cf442d42c77dde57.jpg

The La Scalas are fantastic, but the La Scala/THTLP combo is incredible!

Congratulations on your setup. I bet it does sound incredible. I have two THTLP's in my main system as well. Is that the best bass you've ever heard or what?!!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well today I unloaded what I got the other day. A set of KPT-456 with road gear package and covers from RAM audio years ago. A set of KP-301-2's with 115 subwoofers under them in virtually like new appearance. No I am not kidding. A mismatched set of KP-301-1's I need to work on. Opened one up today with rat fur on it I am going to pull off. Must have been re-coned as the cloth surround has no sealer on it like someone forgot to finish the job.  And one of those nasty electrolytic caps I despise sitting there with a bulged end and had been hot enough to melt the plastic cover and hot melt glue. I see more of these in pro gear then anywhere but fail they do.

Really happy to play with 456's again though they wont stay here long since they were spoken for before I got them. Last good two way meant for main sound and side fill with no Dolby junk. Mo bettah then 904's135506315_NewBuy.thumb.jpg.c78354612c0a3551756d9c6c078ea32d.jpg

• Like 9

Man Rodney... from a specification perspective, that Lampizator Horizon looks absolutely amazing.
Is it hooked up yet?

Yes been using it plenty, very very good . Current setup

Main System
VAC Master
Constellation Centaur ll 500 / Shunyata Omega QR
LampizatOr Pacific
Taiko Audio SGM Extreme
Shunyata Omega USB
Focal Maestro Utopia Evo
Shunyata Sigma NR v2 Speaker Cable's & Interconnect's

• Thanks 1

What's your plans for the pacific when the horizon comes in? Or did you just get the pacific?

771f6735661c894f89e65613c86e8dd6.jpg
This is Horizon I've had it a couple weeks already . The Pacific is already gone .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1