What I Got Today!

Brac

Actually got this back in Jan, it was less than a bill then. Got a Wellers then also, don't see those here or where I used to live either. Used up what was opened the other night.

So this was opened tonight, It's a lighter color than my 12yr Knob Creek that I have stockpiled. Same proof, totally different in the mouth. Good for a sipper. 

PXL-20220412-033933836.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Looks nice so far. 👍

Thanks, The coworker seems to approve. My first bit of BDI furniture. Pretty nicely build.

Bonus grill-less shot. Digging the ATM tweeter.

Just noticed the post it note on the wall in first pic. I did that to center the cabinet on the wall. Probably time to take it down🙄

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, babadono said:

^ mucho cool. From Klipsch direct? Or?

eBay.  Probably from the 90s.  I have one very similar to it from the 80s also that just happened to have my name (Mark) embroidered on it so I couldn't pass it up.

• Like 1

Picked up a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 5b. A little scruffy but what do ya want for $25? Listening to Diana Krall and Nina Simone coming up. Nice little speaker that will pair with the Fisher 440T when I finish repair.

Now if I can just find a nice deal on some Heresy. :D

• Like 1

Great looking credenza @rplace  

Snagged this the other day and it's now sitting on a Mcintosh tech's bench right now.  What's a 3 hour drive on a beautiful Ohio day?  A pita but I scratched an itch I'd had for years.  Oh it played but it was also time to be gone over.  

IMG-20220408-191347194.jpg

Back in the day this was nothing but goodness imo.   :)

• Like 3

A quick photo of my $25 speakers. Still listening to them. Really surprised how they sound.

polk copy.jpeg

polktweeter copy.jpeg

EDIT:Is it normal for speakers that have sat for a long time to improve after playing for a few days? They seem to have gotten better a couple days or is it my brain lying to me?

• Like 6

On 5/8/2021 at 11:23 AM, DizRotus said:

Truth be told, the snowblower was delivered in April; never got to use it.  The mower was delivered on Thursday.  Today will be it’s maiden run.  Fortunately, it uses the same battery and charger as the snowblower.  The mower uses a single battery, whereas the snowblower uses two batteries.  My neighbor’s brother works for EGO, so I got really great deals on both.

I plan to not buy another internal combustion engine.

those Egos are nice. My mower is self propelled for 3/4 acre but its so lightweight I only use that feature turning on hills or if Im tired. 
Can stop and start with the push of a button anytime. 
……..so Quiet

• Like 2

Full disclosure...I'm not the one who just got this today.

My 24 y/o grandson just picked up an open-box Cambridge Audio phono pre-amp today, and I'm really proud to have another audio geek in the family. He's assembled a pretty decent hodge podge system over the last few years and has a huge collection of vinyl. I can't tell you how much fun it is when he sends me a text about the newest album he has picked up. Unfortunately, he lives about 300 miles away, so we don't get to actually listen together that often.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 8:32 PM, geezin' said:

A quick photo of my $25 speakers. Still listening to them. Really surprised how they sound.

polk copy.jpeg

polktweeter copy.jpeg

EDIT:Is it normal for speakers that have sat for a long time to improve after playing for a few days? They seem to have gotten better a couple days or is it my brain lying to me?

I have the Monitor 5 and 7. I like the sound. They have great bass and the tweeters sound crisp. 

The woofer's magnets are known to drift (move, slip, etc) and can bind the vc. I try to be extra careful when I move them.

• Like 1