What I Got Today!

Brac

43 minutes ago, rplace said:

New view from the work station. Looks strangely small in the picture but it's 20x24. Bonus points if you can name the carrier upper left.

Resize_20220518_132906_6316.thumb.jpg.1eebb4357b9c570b0e573445fa51f099.jpg

looks like the uss nimitz class if I´m not wrong , but not sure, seen a nimitz once in the german northsea, travelled a whole day just to see it once in a lifetime

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Ranger?  Constellation?  Midway?  Island is hard to make out.  I only see one E-2 which is normally where they were parked.

AT1 (NAC)

13 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

looks like the uss nimitz class if I´m not wrong , but not sure, seen a nimitz once in the german northsea, travelled a whole day just to see it once in a lifetime

Ha, you two have just about all of them except the right one. Didn't think it would take @jimjimbo long to join the fun. Another hint. Sadly towed out to sea in an undisclosed place and torpedoed and bombed to see what it actually takes to sink a super carrier. IIRC, the only super carrier ever sunk.

spacer.png

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, America.

Winner.

VF-102 (my squadron) took the picture with a camera system that mounts to the bottom of an F-14 where one of the missiles typically goes. I "tasked" the photo lab to make an enlargement spanning 3 11x14 prints. I spent the better part of my 12 hour shift cutting, sanding, lining up the three photos and gluing it up. Today it would just be a couple of mouse click. Given everything that went into that photo it probably cost the taxpayers 10 grand.

Just another fun day floating around the Med.

Resize_20220518_143442_2187.thumb.jpg.cd5882d5e6a2a89cfd4d69c977a3ba29.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, rplace said:

Sadly towed out to sea in an undisclosed place

Nope:

Scuttling locationEdit

The U.S. Navy released the exact location where America was sunk: 33°09′09″N 71°39′07″W, around 250 mi (400 km) southeast of Cape Hatteras.[10] The wreck lies upright in one piece 16,860 ft (5,140 m) below the surface of the Atlantic Ocean.[11]

Source Wiki.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, rplace said:

Winner.

VF-102 (my squadron) took the picture with a camera system that mounts to the bottom of an F-14 where one of the missiles typically goes. I "tasked" the photo lab to make an enlargement spanning 3 11x14 prints. I spent the better part of my 12 hour shift cutting, sanding, lining up the three photos and gluing it up. Today it would just be a couple of mouse click. Given everything that went into that photo it probably cost the taxpayers 10 grand.

Just another fun day floating around the Med.

Resize_20220518_143442_2187.thumb.jpg.cd5882d5e6a2a89cfd4d69c977a3ba29.jpg

Me again, I´ve seen A4´s during my time in Texas. Seeinng how they are dwarfed by the F14 in that picture, what enormous plane the Tomcat must have been.

47 more added today. I need to put together an accurate count and a full list, but I'm up to about 175 original theatrical posters covering the past 50 years. No fakes, all from solid sources to ensure authenticity. Only started collecting them this month. Pretty good start though. 

posters for klipsch-2700x3600.jpg

• Like 4

@Schu me thinks those are goin in and stayin in.  Had one of the first pair of ESS 1's and that lead me into Arnie and his Infinities.  Those are sitting upstairs with a box of new EMIM's calling my name.    Been on my to do list for a couple years now..  Someday soon!  since you've now got me thinkin...  

• Like 3

I got an 11 speaker Bose sound system. It's worse than I thought it could be.
Thankfully the packaging sounds better than the Bose.
2014 Nissan GT-R w/over 700 hp

Edited by ratcobob
pics didn't appear
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ratcobob said:

I got an 11 speaker Bose sound system. It's worse than I thought it could be.
Thankfully the packaging sounds better than the Bose.
2014 Nissan GT-R w/over 700 hp

LOl, Excellent. That package sounds Stellar.👍  Try to keep it under 200mph. 

• Like 2