What I Got Today!

Brac

44 minutes ago, TasDom said:

You get a bargain for buying them "as is"?

for myself, I bargain shop and buy used on luxury goods... However, happy wife... happy life.

I've never paid so much for sterling silver... the Platinum ring was a great deal for nearly 1.5 oz of .9999 Plat... the two pieces cost almost the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

these are what i got for myself over the last week... been wanting that Saturn V for a year or two now.

52270303444_e6a3884f4e_b.jpg

52270053688_b6b72d9004_b.jpg

52270303359_f112c747ce_b.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, michaelwjones said:

Thank you. They are lovely in tone & appearance. I auditioned them though a Decware Zen Triode and was sold. Those 3 or so watts were quite nice. Now they have 5 watts to play with 🙂

They sound even better are six hours of listening. The bass line in Melody Gardot's  "Amalia" is very clean and relatively deep. They nicely reproduce the bass tremor in the opening of Miles' "So What." Not pipe organ bass like I've heard at DaveA's, but balanced and satisfying. I'm very impressed (and very happy)!

11 hours ago, michaelwjones said:

They sound even better are six hours of listening. The bass line in Melody Gardot's  "Amalia" is very clean and relatively deep. They nicely reproduce the bass tremor in the opening of Miles' "So What." Not pipe organ bass like I've heard at DaveA's, but balanced and satisfying. I'm very impressed (and very happy)!

So these are in a second system? I'm sure the LS II are still taking the main stage......

1 hour ago, Shakeydeal said:

So these are in a second system? I'm sure the LS II are still taking the main stage......

Yes, the LSIIs are still in the listening room and the Heresys replaced the Technics SBC-700 in the living room. That system is always on unless I am perched in front of the LSIIs. Last night I took the dog for a walk and when I got closer to the house, I could hear Karrin Allyson while I was still in the front yard. Guess I was enjoying the Heresys a little too much (if there is such a thing).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Schu said:

there is no way I am going to be able to make that thing... Just keep them in the boxes.

MAYBE someday I will be bored enough to try and assemble them... but not today

It will increase in value if box is sealed. I keep saying myself. Just no where to display them or build them. Need a bigger house. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Schu said:

MAYBE someday I will be bored enough to try and assemble them

Haha; intrigued. Haven't played with Lego's for 50+ years :) So; bought Luke Skywalker's X-wing fighter - only 474 pieces vs the 9090 on the Titanic :) 

• Like 2