What I Got Today!

Brac

34 minutes ago, JJkizak said:
9 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Tiz the season for a Monster. Picked this one up today. 20221015_170445.thumb.jpg.7e73be02161c012890f6aae868403313.jpg

Expand  

Whoever bent those pipes was very good.

JJK

The front part is stock. Someone added an aftermarket muffler that is more of an anti muffler... not sure if it is dB legal on a track, let alone on the street. I hope to do something abt that. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Awesome James, 1000? Looks like fun, dig the SSSA.

I picked up this 06 VFR a few months ago.

I always liked the VFRs.

1200. This is my first bike with a single sided swing arm. I rode the FJR to Charlotte to visit my daughter who lives here. I will have to figure out how and when I will get it home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I always liked the VFRs.

1200. This is my first bike with a single sided swing arm. I rode the FJR to Charlotte to visit my daughter who lives here. I will have to figure out how and when I will get it home. 

Wheelie fun!

• Like 3

On 10/15/2022 at 6:56 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Tiz the season for a Monster. Picked this one up today. 20221015_170445.thumb.jpg.7e73be02161c012890f6aae868403313.jpg

Sevarexy exhaust piping.  However, it's good to have a quiet exhaust, so you can leave your buddy's place (almost forgot, it's a Ducati, so you'd be leaving your mistress's place) at 1 in the morning without waking up the neighbourhood.  I liked quiet pipes so I could roll by the cop doing his paperwork near roadside with his window open, while I was travelling at double the speed limit, without causing him to even raise his head.  Quiet pipes save licences!

Surprisingly, running stock pipes on my FZ750/1000 turned out to be economical.  Yes, the mufflers eventually rust out, but new mufflers were around $500 each back in the 1990s.  No worries, I'd head to the track for a track day.  No racing, that was over and done for me.  However, it was still fun to go to the track and ride as fast as you like, as opposed to riding faster than you like, the way it is in competition.

If I saw another FZ, but with a performance exhaust, I'd ask the rider if he still had his stock pipes, and in most cases he would have them, taking up space and gathering dust.  I paid some crazy low prices for mint or near-mint mufflers in the course of riding more than 100,000 km over 11 seasons.  Helping fellow riders declutter while saving me money was always satisfying.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2022 at 6:56 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

That’s a thing of beauty.  It’s interesting how the engine dominates the bike, like a Harley Sportster, but different, of course.  Looks like your Monster will be lots of fun!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Islander said:

That’s a thing of beauty.  It’s interesting how the engine dominates the bike, like a Harley Sportster, but different, of course.  Looks like your Monster will be lots of fun!

Sounds like a sportster, but different too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

How does the saying go  -  that ain’t your fathers Sporty 😎

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Islander said:

However, it's good to have a quiet exhaust, so you can leave your buddy's place (almost forgot, it's a Ducati, so you'd be leaving your mistress's place) at 1 in the morning without waking up the neighbourhood.

I have Klipsch speakers, so, normally,  I don't mind pissing of the neighborhood. 

In this case, the bike is stupid loud... and even I get tired of it. It would be great on the track and or being a hooligan on some back roads, but on the interstate,  it gets old. 

9 hours ago, Islander said:

If I saw another FZ, but with a performance exhaust, I'd ask the rider if he still had his stock pipes, and in most cases he would have them, taking up space and gathering dust.

Makes sense.  I replaced the pipes on both of my V-Stroms. I offered them for free to anyone who wants them. They're s collecting dust. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 9:36 AM, Ceptorman said:

Wheelie fun!

Du to the power to weight ratio, I will ride it like I have skin in the game. 

🤓

I was spat off from a highside when I was too aggressive with the throttle during a race. Thank goodness for runoff.  

20221017_115824.thumb.jpg.be8e4c0c41e388a83e92f3c91e94aaf8.jpg

me being stalked by 2 Ducs at Daytona. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Islander said:

It’s interesting how the engine dominates the bike, like a Harley Sportster, but different, of course. 

I didn't even notice the engine and had to look at the picture again after I read your post.

Still feel like I'm searching for a hidden treasure. 😉

Former SV650 owner, do like a V twin sport bike.

Edited by 82 Cornwalls
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, 82 Cornwalls said:

I didn't even notice the engine and had to look at the picture again after I read your post.

Still feel like I'm searching for a hidden treasure. 😉

Former SV650 owner, do like a V twin sport bike.

Yeah, I’d like to see the other side of the bike.  There’s the mass of the engine, but it all sort of blends in, like when you look under the hood on a modern car and see the big plastic noise damper that covers everything up.  The pipes provide an interesting detail that stands out from the overall form of the bike.

I hope Woofers and Tweeters doesn’t mind our critique of the style of his new-to-him bike.  It does look great, but more than that, it has the performance to make it stand out for more than looks.

BTW, congrats on getting to run at Daytona.  I got my expenses paid to go there three times in the Seventies, but it was as a mechanic, not a rider, unfortunately.  What were you riding?  The white plates mean Pro class, right?

• Like 2