What I Got Today!

Brac

On 12/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, MEH Synergy said:

Big thanks to @ClaudeJ1 and his buddy for getting me my end game system.  Pair of each. 

OK, OK I got it.

Looks like you could substantiate your own quake with your new subs!

Had to go to your page to figure out who you are WCDs!

22 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

What should one expect to pay for a pair of SH's on the used market, and where does one search? I rarely see them in the wild. These are the only thing I'd conceivably buy to supplant my LS bass bins + AMT's

Current new retail is roughly 15k shipped to your door.  Used is hard to gauge because they rarely come up for sale.   I know a dealer that can do far better than retail if you are genuinely interested.... PM me if you want his info. 

5 minutes ago, MEH Synergy said:

Current new retail is roughly 15k shipped to your door.  Used is hard to gauge because they rarely come up for sale.   I know a dealer that can do far better than retail if you are genuinely interested.... PM me if you want his info. 

about to finish my house build, so even a friendly discount from that msrp will be unreachable for the time being. Good info though, thanks, and I’ll just continue to be happy with what I’ve got :)

21 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

What sub is that?  Physical dimensions and weight are the same as my THTs.  I’m only about 2dB down at 20Hz though.  I use a Crown amp that’s about 300 watts x 2.

Othorn.  Running dual xls1502s bridged on the pair currently.  Different subs for different purposes. The OTHORN from my understanding was designed to be more of an exteme PA sub and therefore doesn't need to go as low.   Quite musical but vicious when called upon. 

Made an adulting purchase today.  I wasn't looking to buy yet, but knew it would come in the next year.  This popped up on my feed and was basically new.  The guy I got it from was needing the money pretty bad, so I went and picked it up.  We've been cutting down trees in our yard and now we'll be able to have grass.  So far, 44 trees cut in the front yard.  Probably have another 60+ to go for the the back of the property and what I still want to take out of the front.

52645191507_542a7896fa_k.jpg

When we moved in 4 months ago (I just had started cutting trees):

May be an image of car, tree and road

2 weeks ago (I've since burned the slash moved half of the wood to our wood pile:

No description available.

My CRD Jeep continues to put in work!

No description available.

Also got my PRI 2022 splurge purchase... A set of wireless corner scales.  I've been weighing everything, just because.  :)

52641440119_2d0f9758e5_h.jpg

The screen was damaged, but they sent me another one to replace this:

52641622605_f070ec418b_h.jpg

Took in an abandoned dog after he found himself on our property.  He's a sweet boy, but we have two other dogs, so now we're looking for a forever home for him.  If I didn't have two dogs, I'd keep this one...  3 is too much for us.

May be an image of dog

May be an image of 1 person and dog

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Invidiosulus said:

@yamahaSHO we had several hustlers at work and they were really fantastic machines.

I hadn't heard of the brand prior to the sale post in the local buy/sell page on FB, so I did some research and thought it would be a pretty solid buy off of that.  My wife said here dad said it was a good buy as well.  He had much more experience with this stuff.  I haven't had to mow grass in almost a decade since I lived in the mountains when I went back to Colorado.  

They guy who sold it was pretty enthusiastic about it, other than having to sell.  He went over everything with me, to include the initial oil change, and documentation on it, to include the receipt from the local store in his name.  Right before I started taking off, he stopped me and wanted to give me the branded oil for it.  I had actually talked him down a little on price, but after talking with him for about 30+ minutes and hearing his story on why he had to sell, I ended up going back to the car and grabbing additional money to pay him original asking, which was still a really good buy (once a haggler, always a haggler).  We were originally getting a little sketched out when driving there as he was out in the middle of nowhere, here in Arkansas.  All worked out and I might be hiring him for drywall work in the near future.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Nothing like tobacco to join the rest of them...we all pick our own poisons though.  Except the ones afraid of living.

Man my Dr. doesn't even five me grief about an occasional smoke. Go pet yer peeve somewhere else dammit.

• Haha 2