What I Got Today!

Brac

IMG_20230227_142159_(3100_x_1745_pixel).thumb.jpg.574faa4b8b2f0150d2f69488b0ef2b89.jpgJust received this brand new sealed still in it's original shipping box EVGA 3080ti FTW3. Going to build a HTPC using this. Intended use is for MADVR 4K dynamic tone mapping, external video processing, transcoding, and some gaming. This is for content consumed in my dedicated home theater.

I have a very nice projector and screen, and I've seen first hand others who have had great success in using a similar setup. It should be a big leap for me on the video side of things, and a lot less expensive than other routes I could've taken instead. The additional complications will iron themselves out over time, and this will give me the greatest flexibility going forward.

• Like 2

I strayed off from the pack and bought a set of vintage Cerwin Vega's for a good price!  AT-12's handle 5-200 watts and are efficient as hell!  I hooked them up to my Kenwood KR6400 45 watt receiver and man it makes the Vega's slam!  I think I will restore them someday...someone refoamed the cones and think it was Ray Charles!  They got glue all over the edge of the cone.  The sound good though, so I'll run them until I have the extra funds to get them reconed and recapped!

Of course, the day after I bought these CV's, a set of nice KG4.2's popped up on Facebook Marketplace for $300!  Chump change, I know but the budget is tight right now, I just couldn't swing it.  Still hurts to think about it...but I am holding out for KG5.2's someday!

330381531_609026841236987_3069790112031226067_n.jpg

• Like 2

Been there done that.  Visions of one of my girls and hot pipes got to me so I opted out.  Now I'm too stinkin old. 

Good friend just passed a couple years ago and his son got all his bikes.  11 total.  Just crazy.  He had a black police special I wanted.  Had the lil blinkin red light on the rear.  Less than 100 miles on it.  Talk about to die for?  He never told me where he got it but I mentioned George Roeder and he grinned soooo.  Roeder HD is about 25 miles away  and his son is running the businesses now that George is gone.  Google him.  Talk about a pair?  George had 'em.  :) 

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 1:54 PM, Weni said:

Finally bought a treadmill :)

Well that was perfect placement brother.  There I was admiring that beautiful ride of @geezin' thinkin that's the perfect ride for him.  Yup, I was cruisin again and you come up w/a treadmill? I mean I NEED a treadmill but there's no way in heck I'm buying one of those.  I'd hurt myself for sure.  :)

• Haha 1