What I Got Today!

Brac

Think it was a Road King Harley boss had it still has. 150 pounds he was, man.little.

Handled it like was a scooter.

Another couple of times, Harley big with a young lady driving.c#ady as punch at stop light wearing thongs.

Thought well, guess it is balance of bike. Both occasions in hilly Tallahassee. Read that main steering bearing all important. Maybe that was it, and experience. Amazing really! 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Incredible miles on 2 wheels. !(

How many times down on the road or dirt ???   😀

My '81 FLH has over 300K on the chassis and it's in the middle of a restoration that has taken way too long.. Hell the '20 Road King pictured above has 46K on it.

No way of knowing. Raced open class MX for almost 50 years. Only once did it require a hospital stay and that was all my fault.

Still have my race bikes cannot seem to part with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

After never finding a new TV stand in the measurements I wanted one to be I went to the hardware store and bought the boards to make one myself.  It’ll be shorter and deeper than my current stand and better suited for my Heresy center.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

After never finding a new TV stand in the measurements I wanted one to be I went to the hardware store and bought the boards to make one myself.  It’ll be shorter and deeper than my current stand and better suited for my Heresy center.

I’m considering mounting my tv from the ceiling. Im trying to have a Heresy center and trying to have a turntable too. Oh. And I have a huge Aragon amp…..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Last I knew I had a Yammie RZ 350, SR and TT 500

AJS 16 M ..Kaw Gpz 1100

Butt the Owner of the storage died, and there are many problems right now with Theft etc

Ouch....

My old RZ. I regret selling it but the offer was far beyond what I had any right to ask and I hadn't ridden it in a couple years. Fresh engine top to bottom. Think I spent $200 on OEM fasteners for the rebuild. I had that thing for 20 years and 50K miles....and one landspeed record.

DSC_0623_203tag5.JPG

• Like 4

2 hours ago, geezin' said:

Ouch....

My old RZ. I regret selling it but the offer was far beyond what I had any right to ask and I hadn't ridden it in a couple years. Fresh engine top to bottom. Think I spent $200 on OEM fasteners for the rebuild. I had that thing for 20 years and 50K miles....and one landspeed record.

DSC_0623_203tag5.JPG

You sold a thing of beauty like that?  And with 50k miles of memories?  Money is only money but a Kenny Roberts RZ, and a record holder?  Maybe you hadn't ridden it in a while, but how long was it since you caressed its tank?  I'm sure you really had some mixed feelings that day.  I'm curious.  What was the class and speed of your record?  I set a lap record at Shannonville during a heat race, and that really made my day.

Is that an R6 brake caliper I see?  The stock brakes on the RZs were pretty good, even in racing conditions.  The second year I raced one, in 1984, I installed Teflon/stainless steel brake hoses, but it turned out to be a mistake.  Now the brakes were a bit sudden, causing me to fall on my face once or twice.

I regretted selling my two R5s and two RD400s in 2001, but I was moving from Toronto to Victoria, and the injuries from my second-last crash make riding impractical.  Sometimes life takes unexpected turns.  I did keep my FZ750/1000, though, just because every time I look at it, it puts a smile on my face.  As for the Adler MB200, the German grandfather of Yamaha bikes (its rear brake pedal looks like it was straight off an early Yamaha 250), it went to a private museum of significant bikes, where it could get better care than I could give it.

4 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

I’m considering mounting my tv from the ceiling. Im trying to have a Heresy center and trying to have a turntable too. Oh. And I have a huge Aragon amp…..

I would love to wall mount mine but it’s in a basement with exposed concrete walls and I don’t want to mess around with that at all.

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I would love to wall mount mine but it’s in a basement with exposed concrete walls and I don’t want to mess around with that at all.

No tools?  I'll be in Sauk Rapids next week, I can bring a hammer drill over.

7 minutes ago, Islander said:

Is that an R6 brake caliper I see? 

Pat  ,  tires look to be a tad wider size  than stock  ,   a  Forks Brace was added  , the lower fairing section  under the radiator was removed   and expansion chamber exhausts fill the space  ,  the radiator core looks to be stock  Yamaha .

• Thanks 1

The stock RZ tires are definitely too narrow.  IIRC, I fitted a 110 on the front and a 120 on the rear on my RZs, a 1983 and a 1984 model.  The wider front tire made the steering less twitchy and the bike feel more planted.  And I added one of the now-generic Kawasaki steering dampers.  Also, the once-popular clubman/drop handlebars.  I used stock bars the second year, but that was a mistake.  The clubman bars let me stay close to the tank at all times, for that "I'm part of the bike" feeling, which is especially important when racing.

The competition for the RZs were the Kawasaki GPZ550s, the Suzuki GS550 (only one or two of those), and in 750 class, the GPZ750s, the Honda 750 Interceptors (lots of them), and a Suzuki GS750 or two.  The small bikes were in the 600 class, and the big bikes were in the 750 class.  However, we were allowed to race up to three classes, if our bikes were legal for each class.  

Most of us with small bikes entered 600 GP (racing against TZ250s and other actual race bikes), 600 Production, and 750 Production.  The more track time, the quicker you learned.  At that time, Shannonville (located about 2 hours east of Toronto, off Hwy 401) was a tight and twisty track, with the track absolute record being around 49 seconds, by Art Robbins on a TZ750.

By the end of the 1983 season, we Amateurs on RZ350s were lapping in the high 53-second bracket, so you can see how both GPZ550s and GPZ750s had to work hard to stay ahead of the nimble RZs.  While they gave up a little on straight-line speed, the RZs' lighter weight meant later braking and higher cornering speeds.  This also meant that they didn't crash as hard, getting less damage.  Handlebars are cheap (I always brought 2 or 3), and quick to change, while a GPZ's bent forks or frame could mean an early end to your weekend.

Enough bench racing for now.

My Son just got a 2023 Yamaha MT-09 SP Hyper Naked Bike just before winter...he got to ride it a few times on warm days but he has been modding it in the garage!  He added tank gripper panels, new exhaust, new handlebar levers, and a new LED rear tail light and plate relocation kit.  He is an experienced rider, but I still wish he would find another hobby!!  Like audio maybe, LOL!

Here are a couple pics before the mods...(last pic is catalog shot from Yamaha)

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

d52b983b-d778-44de-b807-71f7c9fb192d.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

My tv is directly in front of a support pole in my basement. I don’t think it’d be good to mount anything to the pole. I am considering adding to the beam and removing it. Just need someone with more knowledge to look at it. Or I just use a ceiling mount. 

2 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

My tv is directly in front of a support pole in my basement. I don’t think it’d be good to mount anything to the pole. I am considering adding to the beam and removing it. Just need someone with more knowledge to look at it. Or I just use a ceiling mount. 

Post could be great to mount to but I’d rather have the TV somewhere else.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Hardware-Fasteners-Bolts-U-Bolts/N-5yc1vZc2ao