What I Got Today!

Brac

On 3/8/2023 at 7:16 AM, geezin' said:

My '81 FLH has over 300K on the chassis and it's in the middle of a restoration that has taken way too long.. Hell the '20 Road King pictured above has 46K on it.

No way of knowing. Raced open class MX for almost 50 years. Only once did it require a hospital stay and that was all my fault.

Still have my race bikes cannot seem to part with them.

300,000  !!  That's gotta be at least 4 top end jobs there. 🙂

You would hang a basket ball goal on the same size of post and a lot higher.  It is mostly about being sure the TV is secure in this scenario I think.  I love those articulating arms too where you can adjust in all directions.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, muel said:

You would hang a basket ball goal on the same size of post and a lot higher.  It is mostly about being sure the TV is secure in this scenario I think.  I love those articulating arms too where you can adjust in all directions.  

Just not sure the weight won’t cause the pole to shift. I’m not sure how deep it is and it’s held at the top by weight on on it. I have had to knock one back in place. 

4 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

C'mon

That's 100,000 miles a year .....round here we are lucky to get  5 months in before it snows again

Where did I say or even imply 100K yearly?

BTW if all I do is ride to work it's 13K a year. Up until last spring it was twice that. I do ride year 'round. No snow or ice intentionally. The photo of the Aprilia in front of the ice wall is my annual New Year's Day ride in 2015. It was in the 20s w/30 MPH wind gusts.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

300,000  !!  That's gotta be at least 4 top end jobs there. 🙂

That’s 300,000 on his 1981 bike.

The 2020 only has 46,000, which is still more than I’ve driven the past few years.

I used to have a 45 minute rip through the mountains twice a day to and from work.

Now I’m officially a work from home employee and I get reimbursed for mileage if I step foot out of my driveway for work.

• Like 2

°F

Logo for U.S. National Weather Service
Winter Storm Warning
Source: U.S. National Weather Service
START
2:00 PM
Monday, March 13
END
8:00 AM
Wednesday, March 15

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT WEDNESDAY... * WHAT...Heavy snow. Additional snow accumulations of 5 to 10 inches. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. * WHERE...In New York, Northern Oneida, Southern Cayuga, Onondaga, Tompkins, Madison, Southern Oneida, Cortland, Chenango, Otsego, Delaware and Sullivan counties. In Pennsylvania, Northern Wayne county. * WHEN...Until 8 AM EDT Wednesday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute today or the Wednesday morning commute. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Steady snow, with periods of heavy snowfall rates up to 1 to 2 inches per hour are expected this afternoon. The snow will linger tonight with some lake enhancement into Wednesday. Gusty northwest winds through Wednesday will create blowing and drifting snow. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission strongly encourage motorist to heed all travel restrictions and delay unnecessary travel. Visit www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadways, and traffic conditions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, geezin' said:

High winds brought me a tree on the garage. Doesn't seem to be any damage. Well that made my decision on what to do with it easier.

image0(7).jpeg

image2.jpeg

If only you had some sort of machine that could move stuff and due werk.  :)

Got a tune on that Subaru yet?

• Haha 1