What I Got Today!

Brac

Nah I work on everyone else's sh!t all week. I buy what I want now and leave it alone. I have the Aprilia Tuono (180MPH) and CRF450R (54HP/228lbs) for when speed is the goal. Man I've set 14 landspeed records I know fast.  I'm 64 it's time for other hobbies. I don't bounce like I used to.

The FA20 rods become elastic at 350 lb-ft so I'd have to build an engine. The 'rex is a car for the mountain backroads around here. It's just fine as is.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

I'm a Cobb Tuner for Subaru and other platforms. You don't need to build an engine for a tune. 

Well like I said I like the OEM tune's character. An were I to change it I want stupid horsepower. So yeah I will have to build an engine.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Do you have an AWD dyno?

Negative, I do use shops around the country when needed.  Most of my tuning is via etuning anymore.  On platforms I've done a lot of, I don't really need a dyno.  When I get one-off builds that are big, or a platform I have not done, I'll use a dyno.

And sometimes, I only push the power at the track as power like this has a short shelf life.  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

You schemin again?  lol  Plywood?  Get that checkbook out. 😂  I've got faith in ya!  Looks like a keeper.  :)

No checkbook. 
I’ll be getting my plywood at the local mom and pop building supply place a half a mile from the house and paying cash.

No reason to get the banks involved in this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 7:17 PM, Marvel said:

I got four of the Dayton PA310-8 woofers. They are to be installed in my Heresy II speaker stands. All the pieces are finally coming together.

1642040025_20230223_1850512.thumb.jpg.8e17df6f1b7cfac1f9a0f413f48414b2.jpg

20230223_185422~2.jpg

16 hours ago, Marvel said:

I should have put these here...

I got four on them.

20230223_185051~2.jpg

20230223_185422~2.jpg

🧐🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

This just got here a few minutes ago.

It should help that Dayton sub move some air.

Now I just need the weather to cooperate so we can actually build the sub itself.

33D8783E-7B4B-45E0-BD71-93197DC34E60.thumb.jpeg.696cc21ff83304fb40ef225f2414aef6.jpeg

I’m using a Crown X1000 to power my THT subs and it works great.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I’m using a Crown X1000 to power my THT subs and it works great.

Nice!

I’m going with a single THTLP for now and I figure I can add one if I need it.

At the moment I’ve got the Crown hooked up in the office powering my Heresy 1’s and it sounds great.

Much better in fact than the Yamaha receiver I’ve been using which I’ve thought sounded a little thin compared to the other Yamaha I have on the LS in the living room.

I’ll have to try this out on the LS later tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, babadono said:

remotely locating? or do you like to listen to fans?

I guess I’ll find out.

I’ve been running it for a while this afternoon and the fan hasn’t kicked in at all but I have to admit I’m not pushing it that hard.