What I Got Today!

Brac

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I disconnected the fans on mine

They have fans?  That's a nifty idea though. 

This is coming from a guy who wore hearing aids for 6 months before he found out there was an app for them on his phone.  I can hear a mouse fart now.   :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, babadono said:

Link? Please.

https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-MULTIFAN-Receiver-Playstation/dp/B00G05A2MU

I can’t remember if that’s exactly the same one as I think they have different mm sizes of the fan itself that are available.  It’s an AC Infinity and has three fan speed settings, is powered by USB and can be daisy chained to add additional fans.

I use the lowest speed setting and my amp never gets warm even after hours of playback.

Mine is connected to a USB port on my TV so that it turns on and off with my TV.  Works great that way.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Fantastic idea. 😀

Yes Sir, that's the way I roll if I can.  I ALWAYS tip my server in cash.  No need to get my taxed money taxed again for someone living on their tips.  I get that receipt I zero my tip EVERY time.  It's those lil things yanno.  😂 

The old local lumber yard burned down 25 years ago.  Sad day in Duckburg when that happened.  Now it's Lowe's 20 miles away.  Ugh.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Yes Sir, that's the way I roll if I can.  I ALWAYS tip my server in cash.  No need to get my taxed money taxed again for someone living on their tips.  I get that receipt I zero my tip EVERY time.  It's those lil things yanno.  😂 

The old local lumber yard burned down 25 years ago.  Sad day in Duckburg when that happened.  Now it's Lowe's 20 miles away.  Ugh.  

And it’s not just the taxes.

Every time there is a card transaction the processing fees transfer a portion of money into the banks.

So any time people are paying with a card it’s reducing the amount of money in circulation not directly controlled by the banks.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Invidiosulus    That Kottke cd will be over in a nano second and should sound great.  Have fun!  :)

@314carpenter 8 rows back should have sounded amazing!   KNOW you enjoyed it.  Hair on your arms standing up good?    They should have been moving some air.     :)

This is a good one.

I had a cassette copy a while back and decided it was time to pick up a new copy.

”Tiny Island” is a song that a good friend of mine and I have shared back and forth over the years.

He’s been in the Ukraine for the past year, literally walking the line between Russian and Ukraine forces, rescuing the elderly and infirm who are too weak to evacuate on their own.

He suffered a heart attack a few nights ago and is out of the area and looking for some down time to recover.

I’m hoping he can find a tiny island of his own, far away from the sounds of exploding shells and collapsing buildings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1