What I Got Today!

Brac

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've not posted a lot here but today I had my birthday early.

Got Wheels again finally!

PXL-20230614-213658196.jpg

PXL-20230614-213714215.jpg

Feels so good to be "free" again but the traffic back home in the early afternoon today was absolutely S L O W.

50K miles some warranty left came close to forking out for a bumper to bumper warranty 'deal" that would have been too much for me! Single owner prior to me and maybe it can serve me well too!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

John your weather arrived!

Wet and windy!

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Feels so good to be "free" again but the traffic back home in the early afternoon today was absolutely S L O W.

50K miles some warranty left came close to forking out for a bumper to bumper warranty 'deal" that would have been too much for me! Single owner prior to me and maybe it can serve me well too!

Congratulations on your car!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Looks good JJ ! Yeah SUPERDUPER  , drive safe and comfortable , have fun with that new vehicle..btw ..as there are thounds of model available ...which brand and which model is it ? Not available here , never seen before 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys. An RDX, it's an El Camino pinched, covered expanded kind of thing. Lots of crosswind on 85 with the traffic but not much rain at all where I was. Didn't give a chance for the AWD to kick in, later on that. After coffee going to get the air in the tires evened up, and get all the window stickers off of the inside!

• Like 3

Hey you @MicroMara smart-alec!

I logged in to congratulate you at the ccc thread only to find that audiophile sketch;)

It states 279, but only 255 foot pounds of torque. My`94 Caprice 9C1 only had 260hp but 330 ft lbs! 

So that's a newfangled V-6 (3/4 of a motor) compared to a Supremely Engineered mid 90s LT-1 V-8 (a whole motor & one of the best ever).

It got 20mpg on the drive down and I did goose the accelerator once.

I'll have to get used to it & driving again before I utilize the sport mode (changes the shift points) makes the paddle shifters available. Put the two missing PSI into the back tires earlier and it did solidify the feel of the ride, not as much like a boat now! This one has to last!

If you thought a heated seat was great when it in the teens?

The AC coming up through the front seats is mind-blowing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, here goes.  Got a box yesterday afternoon I've been waiting for.  The "Queen" of the European Klipsch Pilgrimages Colleen Cosmo Murphy.  Don't know if it's still happening but I've always wondered after reading about them.  K-horns, all McIntosh and whatever else she runs.  She done did it and it's spinning here and is freakin incredible!  This is a 6 out of 5 star review.  Can't be much out there so don't wait!!!  Ahhhhmazing!

20230615-160118.jpg

Two discs of heaven!  KILLER!  I'm not a "techno" kinda guy but man this is great!

:)

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2023 at 5:18 AM, Shakeydeal said:

I’ve seen SCOTS three times live. They put on a helluva show. Highly recommended.

I saw them in Tulsa, and you're right, it was a helluva show, simply awsome.  Fell in love them at first site, had too good of time at the Cane's Ballroom, and the wife had to drive me back home. wild show.

• Haha 1