What I Got Today!

Brac

• 2 weeks later...

Acquired yesterday. Drove through those eerie amber colors of that eclipse between Knoxville and Nashville to split up the trip.

Actually these have a well respected provenance! I'd have to check before I laid that out.

@Dave A refurbished these prior to the last owner!

Been a long time since I've have Klipsch that would crank! These do it so articulately and with a lower than usual frequency response that I disabled my SB-3000, it can only be adjusted down to 30Hz. The K-48-Es trounce that without a problem.

The double pleated shades & latex pillows won't cover this environment for this so I'll be taking care of that next.

PXL-20240410-140943060.jpg

Screenshot-20240410-102749.png

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Acquired yesterday. Drove through those eerie amber colors of that eclipse between Knoxville and Nashville to split up the trip.

Actually these have a well respected provenance! I'd have to check before I laid that out.

Been a long time since I've have Klipsch that would crank! These do it so articulately and with a lower than usual frequency response that I disabled my SB-3000, it can only be adjusted down to 30Hz. The K-48-Es trounce that without a problem.

The double pleated shades & latex pillows won't cover this environment for this so I'll be taking care of that next.

Awesome!

There are some really great speakers out there in the KP line.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Awesome!

There are some really great speakers out there in the KP line.

And that's not even cranked up yet with the little 100wpc hybrids that I have!

win11 media player on 70 pc volume on 50, all outputs win resets to 100 I dial back to 88 before I use it for music!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, JohnJ said:

20230801_200631.thumb.jpg.9ca8537ee57adbf175e14d49ab78572f.jpg

• Haha 2

On 4/10/2024 at 4:48 PM, JohnJ said:

@Dave A refurbished these prior to the last owner!

Congrats! Amazing purchase

• Like 3

On 4/11/2024 at 2:12 PM, JohnJ said:

B b b bu but You've got Klipschhorns @dirtmudd!

Mine can go higher but I'm just not used to it now after three years without! A little time and I could get to the max stated SPL of 124!

That would be TDL!

• Haha 2

Sound quality improved today!

80% wool at a much better price than 100% would have been.

1/4" pad with 1" rug on top, will cut some of the pad scraps to level the 301s out again.

So funny to think what 301 used to signify in a speaker to me when I was 20 something😂

PXL-20240419-014601522.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1