What I Got Today!

Brac

OK, not Klipsch, but I also maintain a JBL room so this pertains to that space.

JBL 250Ti circa 1984. The original owner passed away 10 years ago, and his son who has kept them in immaculate condition graciously allowed me to purchase them from him. He told me moving out of state and downsizing has its disadvantages, but he rarely had time to use them anyway. As some of you may know I have recently made serious efforts to obtain such a pair of speakers, and to find them within 150 miles, and in such pristine condition is unbelievable to me. They even came with very large speaker spikes added by the original owner.

• Like 6

Klipsch RC-64 III in their new home in the Mancave.

A member of the Klipsch Owners FB page wanted an original RC-64 to put between his RF-83's.  I already had both.  He ordered the RC-64 III because he couldn't find an RC-64.  After a few months he was not happy with the blend between the RF-83 with its 1.25" compression driver and the larger 1.75" CD of the III.  He offered a straight trade and we made a deal.

I put a nice Usher MTM between the RF-83's because of the way they blended.  I put the III in the Mancave because the CF-4 uses a 1.75" CD.  As I expected the RC-64 III and the CF-4's play nice together.  It's like they were made for each other.

Win-win-win.

How do they sound?  Believe it or not you can NOT hear any of the speakers.  None!  This is a bedroom size room so maybe 14x12 and all you hear is sound.  It's absolutely seamless no matter where you stand or sit in the room.  It's like the sound is in your ears, not from any source.  Crystal clear, everywhere, all sound pressure levels.

+++

Nearfield Computer Room Stuff:  3.2 setup, CF-4, RC-64 III.  Dual Ultimax 15 subs driven with dual Inuke 3000dsp.  Dual TV's, dual monitors.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, 314carpenter said:

OK, not Klipsch, but I also maintain a JBL room so this pertains to that space.

JBL 250Ti circa 1984. The original owner passed away 10 years ago, and his son who has kept them in immaculate condition graciously allowed me to purchase them from him. He told me moving out of state and downsizing has its disadvantages, but he rarely had time to use them anyway. As some of you may know I have recently made serious efforts to obtain such a pair of speakers, and to find them within 150 miles, and in such pristine condition is unbelievable to me. They even came with very large speaker spikes added by the original owner. Although there are very few examples of actual sales of JBL 250Ti's made over the past 10 years, I ended up paying to the lower end of that range, but a substantial investment was made no doubt. I am also considering purchasing his entire rack system, also circa 1984, with the prize pieces being a reconditioned Sumo Andromeda amp and a Sumo Electra preamp.

Yeah, I know, get rid of the tv stand, hey, I am trying but no one wants it so far

Here they are in their new home.

20180928_115708.jpg

Congrats on the find! 

Shakey

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2018 at 7:27 PM, wvu80 said:

Klipsch RC-64 III in their new home in the Mancave.

A member of the Klipsch Owners FB page wanted an original RC-64 to put between his RF-83's.  I already had both.  He ordered the RC-64 III because he couldn't find an RC-64.  After a few months he was not happy with the blend between the RF-83 with its 1.25" compression driver and the larger 1.75" CD of the III.  He offered a straight trade and we made a deal.

I put a nice Usher MTM between the RF-83's because of the way they blended.  I put the III in the Mancave because the CF-4 uses a 1.75" CD.  As I expected the RC-64 III and the CF-4's play nice together.  It's like they were made for each other.

Win-win-win.

How do they sound?  Believe it or not you can NOT hear any of the speakers.  None!  This is a bedroom size room so maybe 14x12 and all you hear is sound.  It's absolutely seamless no matter where you stand or sit in the room.  It's like the sound is in your ears, not from any source.  Crystal clear, everywhere, all sound pressure levels.

+++

Nearfield Computer Room Stuff:  3.2 setup, CF-4, RC-64 III.  Dual Ultimax 15 subs driven with dual Inuke 3000dsp.  Dual TV's, dual monitors.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Congrats on getting the CF4's off the shelf and onto the floor. I bet that was a bit of a project.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Congrats on getting the CF4's off the shelf and onto the floor. I bet that was a bit of a project.

LOL!  Yes it was!  My wife and I are now childless so I had to wait for my oldest son to visit so I could get those down. 

The CF-4's are listed at 108 pounds each but I added some extra weight with additional bracing and compression drivers that are four times the weight of the OEM K-63-KN CD's.  In fact that's why I decided to move them down.  Although I liked having the extra floor space by having the CF-4's up but I wasn't sure the plastic horns could support the lateral weight of the EV DH1506 drivers.

• Like 1

OK; could not resist :D  Got a Marantz 1060 off CraigsList today. Looks awesome ... even has the original protective plastic face cover.  Used to have a 1060 and I believe it is better than the 22** series :) so got "another one."

• Like 1

Oops; forgot :D  Yesterday I "won" (haha) a Marantz 2238B on FleaBay. Will be using it in my vintage stereo console (put RF-3 horns and woofers in it). Not a pristine unit, but console hides most of it anyhow.

2 "outer" knobs missing :(  Any extra knobs anyone? Thanks, Emile

s-l1600.jpg