What I Got Today!

Brac

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Wow!  I'd hate to have your electric bill.  B)

+++

If you find a second XPA-2 gen 2, you're good.  If you sell the XPA-2 to fund the mono blocks, you're good since they'll sell fast because everybody wants an amp.

Win-win.

=== no worries. While producing 1000 Watts they do not draw 1000 watts, not close. They are Class AB and draw far less power than would a Class A amp. But indeed, at one time I owned Class A monoblocks that produced 75 Watts each and drew 750 Watts each at idle. And yes, my power bill was up around 10% when I owned them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

+++

If you find a second XPA-2 gen 2, you're good.  If you sell the XPA-2 to fund the mono blocks, you're good since they'll sell fast because everybody wants an amp.

Win-win.

I actually just sold off a Gen 2 XPA-2 once I bought these mono blocks. I was lucky enough that one of the Michigan guys on the KO Facebook group hit me up looking for a amp. Once he agreed to buy, it allowed me to buy, once again win, win

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

+++

Win-win.

My wife has mentioned a few times about how high our hydro bill is. Yep, four plasma tvs, amps and aVR's running over 60 Klipsch speakers and subs. Expensive hobby. Still less expensive than when I had my car hobby going. Not to mention our $255 cable bill per month.

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Small price to pay for the smile they surely put on your face.   If my bill went up 10% from audio, I wouldn't be bothered in the least 

=== again, no worries. Still smilin’, still running Class A. And again from Papa Pass but implemented much more efficiently—

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richieb said:

=== again, no worries. Still smilin’, still running Class A. And again from Papa Pass but implemented much more efficiently—

These XPA-2 Gen 2 offer up the first 50 watts in Class A so we'll see how that works out. If nothing else it will help with warming my room.

2 minutes ago, teaman said:

My wife has mentioned a few times about how high our hydro bill is. Yep, four plasma tvs, amps and aVR's running over 60 Klipsch speakers and subs. Expensive hobby. Still less expensive than when I had my car hobby going. Not to mention our $255 cable bill per month.

=== ahh, excuse me - $255 for cable?  

With me being old And a tight asss I’d commit hara-kari if I saw a cable bill like that. 

• Like 3

Just now, richieb said:

=== ahh, excuse me - $255 for cable?  

With me being old And a tight asss I’d commit hara-kari if I saw a cable bill like that. 

I can't really cut the cord because I subscribe to the NHL Center Ice package and it is pretty limited as to who carries it. In my area we get a ton of wind and my neighbors with dish have problems in every season. It sucks for sure, but at least it is something I enjoy and use daily. We have nine tvs in the house total plus the X1 DVR set up. I need fast internet since I work online from home and the only alternative to Comcast is AT&T snail mail. That won't cut it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teaman said:

I can't really cut the cord because I subscribe to the NHL Center Ice package and it is pretty limited as to who carries it. In my area we get a ton of wind and my neighbors with dish have problems in every season. It sucks for sure, but at least it is something I enjoy and use daily. We have nine tvs in the house total plus the X1 DVR set up. I need fast internet since I work online from home and the only alternative to Comcast is AT&T snail mail. That won't cut it

I hear ya.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teaman said:

These XPA-2 Gen 2 offer up the first 50 watts in Class A so we'll see how that works out. If nothing else it will help with warming my room.

Have you noticed a lot of heat coming form your Emo amps? I think they run pretty cool actually.

33 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Have you noticed a lot of heat coming form your Emo amps? I think they run pretty cool actually.

So far no heat at all. I have not tried these XPA-1 out in Class A yet though. From what i hear, they get pretty hot

9 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

*begrudgingly responsible purchase is begrudgingly responsible...*

You were probably halfway to a pair of Cornwall III's before you figured out your clothes needing washing.  :ohmy:

Welcome to adulthood!    :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:

• Haha 4

You were probably halfway to a pair of Cornwall III's before you figured out your clothes needing washing.  :ohmy:

Welcome to adulthood!    :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:
Not new anyway. No place for them. Lol

Besides, at this point it's just preparing for when the house is mine.

6 hours ago, The History Kid said:
9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Not new anyway. No place for them. Lol

You move that fancy new washer and dryer out of the house and you'll have room! 

At least that's what I would have done when I was your age.  :rolleyes:

+++

Hey, how much longer until we need to start calling you Dr. History Kid?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wvu80 said:

You move that fancy new washer and dryer out of the house and you'll have room! 

At least that's what I would have done when I was your age.  :rolleyes:

+++

Hey, how much longer until we need to start calling you Dr. History Kid?

You get to call me Professor in 8 months.  You get to call me Dr. in 2 more years. ;)

10 hours ago, USNRET said:

4 days out of one pair
yellow in front, brown in back
swap back to front; yellow in back
turn inside out

repeat

How do I hatefully dislike a post?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2