What I Got Today!

Brac

42 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Meaning you're still married, right? 😀  

30 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Thanks man. Haha yes, just got married. In California, the unwritten rule is most people don't get divorced until usually around 6 months, so I have a couple more months to go. 

Yea I think WCD means WEDDING AND HONEYMOON are done:). WCD that sub looks awesome. Any idea how much lower it goes than the 396s?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yea I think WCD means WEDDING AND HONEYMOON are done:). WCD that sub looks awesome. Any idea how much lower it goes than the 396s?

Thank you. Yes, 27 hz with better in room extension. I didn't measure it,  it it should go down to low 20s.  Although I'm advised to use a HPF, I don't need it. I can't push this thing to its limit, not even close and I've never blown a sub.  For live sound reinforcement, sure. Crossed at 80 hz now. Loving it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Meaning you're still married, right? 😀  Congratulations! I hope it was a low-stress and fun day.

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Thanks man. Haha yes, just got married.

Congrats WC Drums, and Rivernuggies I'm glad you were right.  The way I read it I was exactly wrong.  :wacko2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Congrats WC Drums, and Rivernuggies I'm glad you were right.  The way I read it I was exactly wrong.  :wacko2:

Thanks man. I waited quite impatiently I may add for some time. Tried hard last night to steer the guys more toward custom subs than just flat packs.   They both have full time day jobs. Too much work all things considered with the crazy amount of orders they are getting.   I hope they can both quit their day jobs and do audio full time.  They haven't even tapped the commercial market. I hope they achieve one of my dreams 👍, excited for them. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Rivernuggies I'm glad you were right.  The way I read it I was exactly wrong.  :wacko2:

Same here..at first I thought it was a "done with marriage!" statement. Glad it's the other way.

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Thanks man. Haha yes, just got married. In California, the unwritten rule is most people don't get divorced until usually around 6 months, so I have a couple more months to go. 

lol, well make the most of it! 😄      I hope it's a good thing for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

Very cool. I'm definitely not local but like their approach.

Im thinking they will be shipping these soon.   Was nice to be able to carry this 165 pound monster home last night.   This sub absolutely KILLS the Klipsch KPT- 884SW in my room and for my preferences. Not even remotely close are they. The 884 ran out of steam quickly with the 396s, this MBM21 begged for the 396s to get a real amp, and so I did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yes. No tune, I have extended warranty until 100k that I don't want to void. These vehicles have faulty turbos that good boom from the factory. 

You'd be safer with a tune that can be reverted back to stock then.  Even if you take your piggy back off they'll be able to tell that you had one on when they look at boost parameters.

9 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You'd be safer with a tune that can be reverted back to stock then.  Even if you take your piggy back off they'll be able to tell that you had one on when they look at boost parameters.

With a tune they can tell exactly what date and time it has been flashed and how many times. With this piggy back, plugs are removed and there is ZERO evidence of a tune.  I was informed by a senior VW tech at the dealer that unless Volkswagen requests ECU be pulled and shipped to Germany to review the code, piggyback is undetectable. Warranty is always void with ECU tune and I would be damn lucky to get warranty work done even flashed back to stock.  

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

With a tune they can tell exactly what date and time it has been flashed and how many times. With this piggy back, plugs are removed and there is ZERO evidence of a tune.  I was informed by a senior VW tech at the dealer that unless Volkswagen requests ECU be pulled and shipped to Germany to review the code, piggyback is undetectable. Warranty is always void with ECU tune and I would be damn lucky to get warranty work done even flashed back to stock.  

Must be different types then.  The BM3 for BMW's is totally undetectable and does not effect the flash counter.  Corporate can tell but they have different equipment than the dealerships do.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Must be different types then.  The BM3 for BMW's is totally undetectable and does not effect the flash counter.  Corporate can tell but they have different equipment than the dealerships do.

I had an APR tuned GTI that I went all the way with and I loved it.   Their tunes are very hard on the cars and usually boost around 30 psi and down low.   This piggyback keeps OEM feel and pulls hard, spooling slightly earlier than stock. Custom tunes for free via email, the price and boost by gear got it sold 

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

=== Carl, way off topic but what finally happened with the unobtainable part for the new Hellcat? FCA make it right - maybe took one from a Ferrari build —!?