What I Got Today!

Brac

IMG_1258.jpg

After 21 years of playing the guitar I thought I'd buy a ukulele. I bought this little Cordoba uke today.....it's so fun to play.

Beer

Nice looking Rick... Enjoy...

Boxx, I think you mean Sterling? lol...

And yes, that is cool Sterling!! [H]

IMG_1258.jpg

After 21 years of playing the guitar I thought I'd buy a ukulele. I bought this little Cordoba uke today.....it's so fun to play.

Beer

Nice looking Rick... Enjoy...

Boxx, I think you mean Sterling? lol...

And yes, that is cool Sterling!! Cool

oops... Yes.. enjoy Sterling (and I've only had one beverage)... lol.

IMG_1258.jpg

Beer

Is the guitar a D-40? I sitll have my F-30R from '74. Built like a tank, as all Guilds, but has a sweet sound.

Bruce

post-7149-13819693014288_thumb.jpg

Beer

Is the guitar a D-40? I sitll have my F-30R from '74. Built like a tank, as all Guilds, but has a sweet sound.

Bruce

Bruce, I wish it was a D-40. I bought that guitar when I was 17 and I could not afford that one so I bought the D-4 model.

A new lawnmower... yippie..

Boxx, when will you be installing the sound system (with Klipsch speakers of course)? Geeked
I'm looking for some good corners now...

The last mower I bought I had only 3 requirements. (1) It had to cut grass. (2) It had to have a steering wheel (I ride NOT push). (3) It had to have a cup holder so my beer wouldn't spill.[:D]

My yard is so small that a rider is really pretty silly but I'm THAT lazy.[;)]

A new lawnmower... yippie..

Boxx, when will you be installing the sound system (with Klipsch speakers of course)? Geeked
I'm looking for some good corners now...

The last mower I bought I had only 3 requirements. (1) It had to cut grass. (2) It had to have a steering wheel (I ride NOT push). (3) It had to have a cup holder so my beer wouldn't spill.Big Smile

My yard is so small that a rider is really pretty silly but I'm THAT lazy.Wink

I like requirement #3. Critical.... A guy can do alot of thinking while mowing and your biggest stress occurs when you have to make the decision to mow in a square pattern or back and forth, row by row.

• Moderators

Critical.... A guy can do alot of thinking while mowing and your biggest stress occurs when you have to make the decision to mow in a square pattern or back and forth, row by row.

It's always best to cut the outside and around trees or anything tight first, that way if you have a big yard that requires numerous beers it's clear sailing once the tight stuff is out the way ! [Y]

Critical.... A guy can do alot of thinking while mowing and your biggest stress occurs when you have to make the decision to mow in a square pattern or back and forth, row by row.

It's always best to cut the outside and around trees or anything tight first, that way if you have a big yard that requires numerous beers it's clear sailing once the tight stuff is out the way ! Yes

Excellent point, very well taken....

no way that is a d40...

The peghead would be more of a giveaway... The older D-40 models had the same style inlay on the peghead that my F-30R has, but the newer ones only have the name inlaid with a rosewood or other wood overlay instead of the black. Some of the models only have a decal, similar to the majority of Martins. I was actually remembering the D-40 having black binding like the Martin D-21. Hmmmm... guitar trivia. Many models of the Guilds changed a little bit over the years.

no way that is a d40...

The peghead would be more of a giveaway... The older D-40 models had the same style inlay on the peghead that my F-30R has, but the newer ones only have the name inlaid with a rosewood or other wood overlay instead of the black. Some of the models only have a decal, similar to the majority of Martins. I was actually remembering the D-40 having black binding like the Martin D-21. Hmmmm... guitar trivia. Many models of the Guilds changed a little bit over the years.

Bridge is incorrect also... I've owned maybe 10 martins over the years, one of my other favorite things in life.

the d40 had a Abalone rosette not to menton a Ebony finger board... I also do not see any back bracing, and of course the label is not a martin label.

• Moderators

What I got today, is to say to everyone here, goodbye for a week, leaving in the morning, be back later.

I have perfected the art of "relaxing" to the point that were taking it on the road, [ip] really a boat.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!