What I Got Today!

Brac

Those like to be in great shape. I know the feeling about not passing a good deal. Hence the double Lascala stacks I picked up.

I have zero use for the JBLs but they sound nice on the VRDs. My Rotel RMB 1066 amp on my PC is going to the Garage sale; I want to try the Emotiva mini A100 amp on the newly acquired KG 1.5s.

882i Sonic Maximizer

882i Sonic Maximizer
  • Front View
  • Back View

The 882i is a dual-mono Sonic Maximizer that features our fourth generation processing engine and perfectly suited for any studio, PA system, guitar/bass rig or any application that requires balanced connectivity.

Applications

• Broadcasting
  • DJ Sound Reinforcement
  • Mastering
  • Musical Instruments
  • Tape Duplication
  • Recording
  • Professional Sound Reinforcement

A Sonic Maximizer? Never heard of such a thing. Now I'm wondering why I don't have one.

Sounds like a joke, I know. I put the tubes aside for a while so I can rock out with my pro amps and this is just what they need. It was worth every penny.No violins and string music here.....electric guitars and kick drums, baby. [Y] I figured since Guitar Center has a 30 day trial period with these I'd give it a try based on the reviews and return it promptly if I didn't like it.

It's staying put. I love this thing. If you're running pro-amps I'd reccomend trying one out. It's a quality piece of gear believe it or not. [:D]

• 1 month later...

Jeff, I've always liked those Integras... I bet they are fun to drive, and probably are pretty good on gas too, huh?

Yes it is a LOT of fun to toss around. As for gas mileage it depends a LOT on how you drive it. If you drive it like an "old man" it'll get in the high 30s MPG wise. If you drive it like you just stole it figure on low 20s.

When it was my "daily driver" I was getting around 30 MPG so I guess I was somewhere in the middle.

What's kinda funny is that I picked up an immediate 4 or 5 MPG when I added a free flow intake, header, free flow cat and bigger exhaust system.

Makes you wonder about the "federal" MPG mandates doesn't it.

HMMM... It sounds better, it runs better, and it is more effecient. Why don't car builders look at this?

Back in 94' I ordered a new Eagle Talon 2 liter non-turbo and the window sticker said it would get 27mpg hwy. Within an hour that I drove it home I had the parts waiting. K&N air filter, Borla cat back exhaust, much upgraded NGK plugs and even took off the exhaust and bored it to the gasket size, and gave it a tank of 94oct. gas.

Anyway, after a few months and on a new diet of synthetic oil it was getting 40mpg hwy consistantly. Sold it to a good friend 9-years later with 90k and he drove it for another 100k at an average highway speed over 110mph. It finally broke a rocker arm and he decided not to fix it. I now have the instrument cluster on my bookshelf as a trophy.

Well... Not "today" but Tuesday of this week.

A pair of very nice pair of black RF-3 IIs.

System6-5-12.jpg

They're cranking out some pretty nice tunes in my living room. Big Smile

Those look Beautiful, BTW, what speakerwire are you using?, and what stand, they both look NICE. Thanks.

Those look Beautiful, BTW, what speakerwire are you using?, and what stand, they both look NICE. Thanks.

Thanks!!!

The stand is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Walker-Edison-Multi-Level-Component-Stand/dp/B00166BWZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339148896&sr=8-1

The speaker wires are a DIY concoction made up of 3 runs of 14 gauge speaker wire braided. Nets out just a bit over 9G. They are terminated with Nakamichi locking banana plugs.

It's a very nice stand and a crazy good deal at $129 delivered.

Assembly is a little tedious but if you take your time it's really not that bad.

If you get one be sure to have your vacuum handy. You'll end up with Styrofoam beads EVERYWHERE.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!