What I Got Today!

Brac

My first album to spin on my newly acquired Dual 1245 turntable.

1stAlbum_zpske4h2dbl.jpg

So far i'm half way through record 1 side 2 and I'm loving it.

At one point in my life there were upwards of 3000 albums (vinyl) either in active circulation or in storage. Don't know what possessed me to garage sale them or give them all away but I did. Today marks album number one of what I hope will become a small collection that that will provide me with hours and hours of listening enjoyment.

The hardware involved is pretty modest. An Onkyo Integra A-9711 integrated amp, an Onkyo Integra T-4711 tuner, an Onkyo DX-C340 6 disc CD changer, a Dual 1245 turntable with a Shure V15 type III cartridge, a Dayton Audio SUB-1200 subwoofer and finally a pair of 84 HBR Heresys. Not "audiophile" or "high end" by any stretch of the imagination but sounding pretty D@MN good to my 57 year old badly damaged hears right now.

Edited by teknoid
  • Like 6

For this setup I'm not to picky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look to be in great shape.

https://janesville.craigslist.org/ele/5299062719.html

00o0o_b430DEcyrCZ_600x450.jpg

Bill

Compare with new ?

They no longer make these, how would one compare ?

Probably worth the asking price if they are clean & crossover updated.

My first album to spin on my newly acquired Dual 1245 turntable.

1stAlbum_zpske4h2dbl.jpg

So far i'm half way through record 1 side 2 and I'm loving it.

Not a bad choice for your first demo. :emotion-21:

The hardware involved is pretty modest. An Onkyo Integra A-9711 integrated amp, an Onkyo Integra T-4711 tuner, an Onkyo DX-C340 6 disc CD changer, a Dual 1245 turntable with a Shure V15 type III cartridge, a Dayton Audio SUB-1200 subwoofer and finally a pair of 84 HBR Heresys. Not "audiophile" or "high end" by any stretch of the imagination but sounding pretty D@MN good to my 57 year old badly damaged hears right now.

Jeff, were you able to get all that scratchiness sound from the A-9711 fixed?

Bill 

• Like 1

Look at the ad for the Heresys, He has already done a bunch of Bob Crites mods to them, like 400 bucks worth. Says he replaced both the tweeters and crossovers. So 600 bucks is not a bad deal.

I recently picked up a Set of Heresy's, 1983 in oiled oak for 280.00 in great shape, missing the risers. Added crossover kits myself, about 50 bucks for the parts.

I would still like to upgrade the tweeters. Tweeters with shipping is about 230. Total investment will be 560 by the time I'm done and I'm still missing the risers. So I think that 600 bucks is more than a fair deal.

The only reason I'm hesitant about investing more in these is the resale value. I don't like to go under water when I'm upgrading my audio gear. Seeing someone balk at 600 for those speakers is a perfect example. Now if I had only paid a hundred bucks for them, they would have new tweets in them already.

BillWojo

b78f029e9173477cc1a64c476504a911.jpg

Remember the 70's one hit wonder 'No time to lose'? Couldn't find it anywhere and being used to getting what I want with Spotify, etc. I bought this cd from Amazon for 35 bucks! For one song! The rest of the cd sucks.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by SWL
  • Like 1

Well the day has finally arrived! My PSA v3600i showed up early yesterday afternoon, man the packaging was no joke, almost rivals Bill's aka willand pack job.  :P  The guy who dropped it off thought it was a fridge of some sort. Anyway, this thing is a beast, I knew it was going to be big, but dang! It's quite impressive to witness in person. And the build quality is first class. 

I haven't had much time yet to do anything other than hook it up and listen to a few songs and some parts of bass heavy movies. With that said my initial impression... Insanity, its just pure effortless power. I haven't had time to re-calibrate and do a sub crawl, but hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

I did have a couple sealed SI 18" subs that I made, but I decided that for my huge 10,000^3 cubit feet garage that a vented style sub would be a better way to go, and I've been very pleased with the results.

My RSW-15 and RB-81 for size reference.

IMG_1269_zps2yzubls7.jpg

IMG_1274_zpsrzhbfotx.jpg

• Like 9

Well the day has finally arrived! My PSA v3600i showed up early yesterday afternoon

Wow, that's a monster.

man the packaging was no joke, almost rivals Bill's aka willand pack job. 

Glad to know I have not been dethroned yet. ;)  :D 

You are in for some serious LFE my friend.

Enjoy,

Bill 

• Like 1

Well the day has finally arrived! My PSA v3600i showed up early yesterday afternoon, man the packaging was no joke, almost rivals Bill's aka willand pack job.  :P  The guy who dropped it off thought it was a fridge of some sort. Anyway, this thing is a beast, I knew it was going to be big, but dang! It's quite impressive to witness in person. And the build quality is first class. 

I haven't had much time yet to do anything other than hook it up and listen to a few songs and some parts of bass heavy movies. With that said my initial impression... Insanity, its just pure effortless power. I haven't had time to re-calibrate and do a sub crawl, but hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

I did have a couple sealed SI 18" subs that I made, but I decided that for my huge 10,000^3 cubit feet garage that a vented style sub would be a better way to go, and I've been very pleased with the results.

IMG_1269_zps2yzubls7.jpg

IMG_1274_zpsrzhbfotx.jpg

So, which car are you putting it in? ;)

• Like 1

IMG_1269_zps2yzubls7.jpg

IMG_1274_zpsrzhbfotx.jpg

I see an avatar pic change coming :D

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!