What I Got Today!

Brac

NIce saw metro.

Do you already have dust collection set up?

It is a huge benefit for any wood shop environment.

No, this one has a chute that you can attach a standard shop vac to, I'll just be doing that out in the driveway.  

Just picked up another Speakercraft 12" subwoofer. Talked a reluctant seller into shipping it.

http://www.thrillingaudio.com/SpeakerCraft_BASSX_12_FLOOR_SUBWOOFER_p/sc%20bassx-12%20floor%20sub.htm

SC%20BASSX-12%20FLOOR%20SUB-2.jpg

Pales in comparison to the sub posted above me....hahaha!

I just received the sub this afternoon and hooked it up just before midnight. Had to keep it toned down so not to wake everyone. The sub for an Ebay purchase looks flawless, hard to believe it was used. Can't wait until tomorrow....er.....today to let it rip. Such a beautiful sounding and under appreciated subwoofer!

• Like 1

Today  I got a music studio. Cleared some room above my shop office at work, and turned it into a studio. Has a tube microphone, interphase, KG3 speakers used as monitors for now, NAD power amp and few other goodies I had laying around.

• Like 4

I've went through a bunch of saddles, I like the WTB Power V, but it seems they don't make it anymore, not sure what the replacement is.  It was pretty hard, but wider than normal.  Apparently I have birthing hips or something, sit bones are too far apart. Be careful with the soft padded ones, many tend to cut off circulation to your junk more than hard ones do.  

I wish! Just a quality reproduction.

One day I would love to own an original.

We had an original one at the college where I work, but it disappeared diring some office moves. It was one of the less expensive finerglass shells... Still had the Eames sticker underneath it, though.

KSB 3.1s in Rosewood.  Yum

Lots of dust and a corner dent, but otherwise in great shape.

I love the KSB 3.1's. I have three pair and they sound amazing for bookshelf speakers. In fact I think they sound better than the newer copper woofered speakers by far.

• Like 1

Blasphemy!

What would us owners of the RB-5s and 75s say?!

I have plenty of the copper woofer bookshelf speakers too Michael. For pure clarity I might give the edge to the coppers, for bass and power output the edge goes to the earlier models. I prefer my SB-3 speakers to most of the copper bookshelf models as well. I think that 8 inch poly woofer sounded fantastic.

• Like 1

Blasphemy!

What would us owners of the RB-5s and 75s say?!

I have plenty of the copper woofer bookshelf speakers too Michael. For pure clarity I might give the edge to the coppers, for bass and power output the edge goes to the earlier models. I prefer my SB-3 speakers to most of the copper bookshelf models as well. I think that 8 inch poly woofer sounded fantastic.

Always meant to try the SB-3. IMO, first Gen Synergy was way underrated.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!