What I Got Today!

Brac

Blasphemy!

What would us owners of the RB-5s and 75s say?!

I have plenty of the copper woofer bookshelf speakers too Michael. For pure clarity I might give the edge to the coppers, for bass and power output the edge goes to the earlier models. I prefer my SB-3 speakers to most of the copper bookshelf models as well. I think that 8 inch poly woofer sounded fantastic.

The KG models also have generous bass compared to the copper woof lines.  I'll have to A/B these KSB 3.1s and RB-5s here at the house.

• Like 1

Blasphemy!

I have plenty of the copper woofer bookshelf speakers too Michael. For pure clarity I might give the edge to the coppers, for bass and power output the edge goes to the earlier models. I prefer my SB-3 speakers to most of the copper bookshelf models as well. I think that 8 inch poly woofer sounded fantastic.

The KG models also have generous bass compared to the copper woof lines.  I'll have to A/B these KSB 3.1s and RB-5s here at the house.

Cool, I look forward to your findings. I have SB-3's, B-3's and KSB-3.1's and they sound very similar to each other. I know the KSB uses a different horn but all of them use similar woofers and to me at least, they all sound fantastic. Those little 8 inch woofers really kick out the bass.

Blasphemy!

Cool, I look forward to your findings. I have SB-3's, B-3's and KSB-3.1's and they sound very similar to each other. I know the KSB uses a different horn but all of them use similar woofers and to me at least, they all sound fantastic. Those little 8 inch woofers really kick out the bass.

Sure, I'll post after the shootout.  There's a minty looking pair of SB-3s with stands on CL here for $150.  Hmmmmm.

My KG 1.2's seem to play pretty well for their size too. Then again, the KP-101's are out there too and well...I just love those things.

I'm a big fan of the KGs, especially  1, 1.2, 2.2, 4.2, 4.5, and 5.5.  I have a pair of 1.2s and yeah they sound bigger than their size.

Edited by Rivernuggets

Oh yeah, my Gen 2 Emotiva XPA-5 arrived today as well, it was back ordered so I had to wait a couple weeks. Now I just have to hook it up. But since that means unhooking my SR-120 first and rearranging everything, then hooking up the SR-120 in another room I am not rushing in to do any of it.....hahaha 

• Like 1

Congrats on the SB2000, K5!  Is that small black box on top a wireless transmitter?

Thanks man! This is my 5th SVS subwoofer, I have loved every one of them.

Yes, the black box on top is a wireless transmitter. It works great.

• Like 1

I saw those. It's a pretty sweet deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Klipsch-KG4-WO-Walnut-Finish-/281908750121?hash=item41a3122729:g:O~YAAOSwGotWky3X

Looks like a nice pair of KG 4's in your neck of the woods Michael.

Guy has them listed on CL for $280. lol

I need a bigger house.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!