What I Got Today!

Brac

One of these:

AT120Eb_zpsjsnq5som.jpg

A couple of months ago the cartridge sled on my 40 year old Dual 1245 spontaneously disemboweled itself leaving me unable to spin vinyl. At the time replacing it was pretty much at the bottom of my priority list for financial reasons. Things are a bit better now money wise so I sprung for a new sled. Since the table came with a glued to the sled Shure V15 reusing it wasn't an option. I picked up the Audio Technica AT120E/b. Many of the online reviews stated that the cartridge needed 100 hours of break in before it sounded it's best. I don't know... I'm liking what I hear right out of the box. So far I have about 4 hours on it and it's sounding good to me. Maybe the best is yet to come. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, teknoid said:

One of these:

AT120Eb_zpsjsnq5som.jpg

A couple of months ago the cartridge sled on my 40 year old Dual 1245 spontaneously disemboweled itself leaving me unable to spin vinyl. At the time replacing it was pretty much at the bottom of my priority list for financial reasons. Things are a bit better now money wise so I sprung for a new sled. Since the table came with a glued to the sled Shure V15 reusing it wasn't an option. I picked up the Audio Technica AT120E/b. Many of the online reviews stated that the cartridge needed 100 hours of break in before it sounded it's best. I don't know... I'm liking what I hear right out of the box. So far I have about 4 hours on it and it's sounding good to me. Maybe the best is yet to come. :)

I used to prefer the sound of Audio-Technica cartridges back in the day with my Technics tables too. I had the AT 132EP model and it sounded great for years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teknoid said:

One of these:

AT120Eb_zpsjsnq5som.jpg

Let me know how it works out for you..typical break in time for cartridge's . I need a new one for a thorens td125 w/ tp25 tonearm..

Received new Herseys yesterday.  After several hours of listening, I think I might need to get rid of my RF-280's.  i think the Heresys are keepers. 

Havent watched a movie to see how they are for home theater, but music is awesome.  Can't wait until they are broke in.

Why didn't I buy these years ago?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RTR said:

Received new Herseys yesterday.  After several hours of listening, I think I might need to get rid of my RF-280's.  i think the Heresys are keepers. 

Havent watched a movie to see how they are for home theater, but music is awesome.  Can't wait until they are broke in.

Typical Hoosier habit of waiting.:)  Get a sub for the Herseys for HT duty.

• Like 1

Im getting a pair of Heresy's today sometime curious about sound also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

70th's... amIright?

yup , sad part is the speaker cables cost more than the speakers. I did try cheap speaker cables because I thought it's all they need but later put on my good ones and wow what a difference . I know most of you don't believe but the difference was big .

Any so far I'm surprised with the sound it should only get better with more hours .

8b58e870c6f9d568c5af90110b5de297.jpgc5c1af83bb9d59fefa7dcc8dd9d1f097.jpgae970b84f4e4b0f508023d964c94bc30.jpg

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!