What I Got Today!

Brac

yup , sad part is the speaker cables cost more than the speakers. I did try cheap speaker cables because I thought it's all they need but later put on my good ones and wow what a difference . I know most of you don't believe but the difference was big .

Any so far I'm surprised with the sound it should only get better with more hours .

8b58e870c6f9d568c5af90110b5de297.jpgc5c1af83bb9d59fefa7dcc8dd9d1f097.jpgae970b84f4e4b0f508023d964c94bc30.jpg

What amps are you running with those?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Im running VRDS right now ,also having a DHT 2a3 / 45 integrated being built by ToolShed which will be done in about a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your thoughts on the sound? I some day would love to try a pair of mono blocks of that caliber, with my Heresies.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Curious... do you think that set up is going to yield factory new sound or some other sound altogether?

Crites uses the exact same crossover as Klipsch but with better quality parts. I've never heard these factory new, but I've done Quartets and KG4s and they sounded fantastic. I have Heresy III, and they have a very similar sound. So it might not be exact factory, but sounds amazing to my ears and just like Klipsch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just 1 recommendation ....go to local home store and buy the small package of heavy duty Velcro. I think they are 2 inch by 4 inch . Bobs crossovers are some of the best....but they are suppose to be attached to the side walls because of the angled baffle....the 4 little pieces of standard Velcro just Do Not cut it. I have had them fall off the side wall

http://www.lowes.com/pd/VELCRO-2-in-x-4-in-Gray-Rectangle-Fastener/3117433

You ARE going to LOVE them....

G.E.M.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, oldred said:

Just 1 recommendation ....go to local home store and buy the small package of heavy duty Velcro. I think they are 2 inch by 4 inch . Bobs crossovers are some of the best....but they are suppose to be attached to the side walls because of the angled baffle....the 4 little pieces of standard Velcro just Do Not cut it. I have had them fall off the side wall

http://www.lowes.com/pd/VELCRO-2-in-x-4-in-Gray-Rectangle-Fastener/3117433

You ARE going to LOVE them....

G.E.M.

Thanks for the tip!

I spoke with Bob and he recommended just mounting to the angled board and replacing the foam right over it. I'll probably try there and if there are any issues, take your suggestion and do the side mount. 

Turns out my original crossovers are soldered on to the connectors so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to do these. 

I got some lights for my Ikea Expedit shelves. These things are awesome for vinyl storage and have been popping up on local Craigslist like crazy. I added a rear panel to aid in rigidity and some square dowels to hide/direct the lights and then stained to match. Now I just need to figure out a way to get the lights to play nice with my Philips Hue bridge.

DSCN6795.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, oldred said:

Those shelves look Great....can we get some pics with the other lights on.

You are giving us some good Ideas........lets see more.

G.E.M.

Thanks. I have two 2 x 2 units and a 5 x 1 as well. I put a set of casters on one of the 2 x 2 units and will probably add some diagonal bracing on the 5 x 1.

C62BEADA-237F-43A4-BB68-7265D6C8B8EE.jpg

This didn't happen to me but is the reason why I wanted to put a back panel on it. My shelves are only 4 x 2 and swayed a little to much for my liking. I couldn't imagine how much a loaded down 5 x 5 unit moved. Ikea has since changed design of the Expedit and renamed it the Kallax. The change in design? They removed 1/4" from each vertical side member.

Expedit_collapse.jpg

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!