What I Got Today!

Brac

That's one slick looking amp, Carl. Congrats. Yes

It was funny how it came to pass. I was searching the forum to see if anyone had a Carver TFM for sale as I currently own one and like it. One of the posters in one of the threads mentioned that he had this amp and would possible sell it. I PM'd him and eventually we worked out a price. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. His forum name is Rusty Melton. If he's ever selling something you want, don't hesitate to buy from him. He's a stand up guy in all respects.

• 2 weeks later...

schu, can you say more about these? i'm guessing that people who know cigars will already know what they are seeing with appreciation! ;-)

Oh sure... my bad. these are specifically Padron 1964 Aniversario Exclusivo Maduro (5 1/2" x 50). a SUPERB SMOKE, Long very smooth draw... lot's of very smooth smoke and taste complexity. They will burn for well over an hour. Satin wrapper and a VERY VERY nice firmness to the body, slightly soft.

I am usually a natural smoker(some maduros also, I have nothing against them) but these are just so smooth and I got them for a great value as a five pack.

Any smoke from padron is better than almost any smoke from most any other roller.

I actually have another box of Padron 1926 80th anniversary coming soon.

schu, can you say more about these? i'm guessing that people who know cigars will already know what they are seeing with appreciation! ;-)

Oh sure... my bad. these are specifically Padron 1964 Aniversario Exclusivo Maduro (5 1/2" x 50). a SUPERB SMOKE, Long very smooth draw... lot's of very smooth smoke and taste complexity. They will burn for well over an hour. I am usually a natural smoker(some maduros also, I have nothing against them) but these are just so smooth and I got them for a great value as a five pack.

Any smoke from padron is better than almost any smoke from most any other roller.

I actually have another box of Padron 1926 80th anniversary coming soon.

NICE!

Thanks to TheMrClean (Todd) I received these beauties via FedEx this morning! As I told him, I wasn't expecting to get them so quickly, now I need to find some mounts & get some banannas. [Y]

As a side note I want to say how great of a community we have here on the Klipsch site... I have been eyeing eBay, trying to get a good deal for a few months now, and out of the blue (after a post in the Garage Sale section) I get a msg from Todd, offering me these for a better deal than I could have got on eBay.... awesome! I'm very thankful.

post-13769-13819830426692_thumb.jpg

I scored this former flagship Onkyo/Integra TX-939 AV receiver (original msrp $3000) on Craigslist today for a steal of a price. It's from the late 90's I'm guessing (I have to do more research), given that it does not have component video ins, just s-video. The amp section of this receiver is massive. I cannot read the values on either the toroidal transformer or the caps, but they are HUGE! The transformer measures 5 1/2" diameter x 4" high, and the (2) Elna caps are 4 3/4" H x 2" dia. I cleaned her up and blew the dust out. I've tried the optical and coaxial digital inputs, CDs through the analog inputs, and the phono section, and it sounds surprisingly good as a 2 channel amp. I was thinking about flipping this, but I may just hang on to it... [8-|]

OnkyoIntegraTX-DS939001_zpsb7d3395a.jpg?

OnkyoIntegraTX-DS939005_zps50cc93d2.jpg?

OnkyoIntegraTX-DS939006_zps839482a6.jpg?

OnkyoIntegraTX-DS939019_zps2daf2ed0.jpg?

OnkyoIntegraTX-DS939011_zpse10c8780.jpg?

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!