What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Schu,

I take it by the pics, these are built to order.

Dennis usually builds one at a time and then sells them as built. But I wanted a special unit that he didn't have on hand so he said he would make one up for me.... that's about a day or two worth of work and he was already burning it in. I asked him to swap out some caps and he had to do surgery but he really didn't mind one bit... he's been a joy to work with.

31037275076_1c6efb6d60_b.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/14/2016 at 2:14 PM, Wolfbane said:

Been looking for a smaller home here in the desert. Made an offer last week and accepted the counter yesterday. Pro: Great location, like an urban jungle. Dog loves it.

Con: Hard floors and large reflective windows. So not too audio friendly:

ffdfd503e74a46aeaabc4b11db0c7ed2.jpg

Optima.jfif

Back looking for a smaller one-level condo here. I had to rescind my offer during the 10 day inspection period after the Seller (reluctantly) provided me with the HOA Reserve Fund was only funded at 21% of what was needed to keep up with ongoing maintenance and there is a potential high, 8 figure, Supplemental in the works for the complex.

On 11/18/2016 at 1:25 PM, Schu said:

Dennis usually builds one at a time and then sells them as built. But I wanted a special unit that he didn't have on hand so he said he would make one up for me.... that's about a day or two worth of work and he was already burning it in. I asked him to swap out some caps and he had to do surgery but he really didn't mind one bit... he's been a joy to work with.

31037275076_1c6efb6d60_b.jpg

So this is the guy that built you that amp??

Wow finally nice to be able to see a true craftsman...:emotion-22::emotion-22:...make it a double

• Like 1

I personally would love to to be able to do that .......Don't get me wrong.... I build machines that make the some of smallest parts in the world.

I love hearing of some who is fricken smart /patient/skilled that can build something that is so cool .

G.E.M.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Nice!  What is the plan for it?

Not sure. I keep looking for something to use in the office at work. I want it to look good and have great sound at extremely wattage. That one with 105 watts might be too much. The guy that I bought the Luxman R115 from had the L430, the tuner and tape deck. I'm a sucker for a pretty face. I can't say it has a pretty face, but butter face girls need love too. :wub:  

A new NAS, free without even needing beer. Came fully populated with 2TB drives, so I've swapped in my existing drives. The RAID cards weren't compatible with unRAID, so I'm waiting on two more HBA's to arrive. 24 bays in the front, 2 in the back, and two interior trays for SSD drives. Dual Xeon's for 16 cores and 24GB of ram with support up to 192GB. Storage footprint without buying any more new drives will be about 80TB and I can grow that as I replace the various 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB drives up to 5TB.

IMG_0090.JPG

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!