What I Got Today!

Brac

It's an Aberdeen system, which I believe it nothing more than a rebranded supermicro chassis. Not sure on the model, but it's about 5 or 6 years old. Not as power efficient or high up on the scale as modern Xeon's, but 16 cores at 2.53GHZ is still plenty for a NAS.

edit: looks to be an older version of this https://www.aberdeeninc.com/4u-nas/

Basic specs:

supermicro X8DTH-i motherboard

Dual Xeon E5630's

4x supermicro SAS2LP-MV8 cards

A bunch of 5TB, 4TB, 3TB, and 2TB drives

Since it's just SATA drives, it really isn't optimal for enterprise storage systems, and as such my boss hates that we have them deployed. So as we decommission old gear I've been instructed to just "throw them off the back of my truck". :)

They are, however, perfectly suitable for home media needs. It's a little noisy, but not too bad tucked away in my electronics closet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

It's an Aberdeen system, which I believe it nothing more than a rebranded supermicro chassis. Not sure on the model, but it's about 5 or 6 years old. Not as power efficient or high up on the scale as modern Xeon's, but 16 cores at 2.53GHZ is still plenty for a NAS.

edit: looks to be an older version of this https://www.aberdeeninc.com/4u-nas/

Basic specs:

supermicro X8DTH-i motherboard

Dual Xeon E5630's

4x supermicro SAS2LP-MV8 cards

A bunch of 5TB, 4TB, 3TB, and 2TB drives

Since it's just SATA drives, it really isn't optimal for enterprise storage systems, and as such my boss hates that we have them deployed. So as we decommission old gear I've been instructed to just "throw them off the back of my truck". :)

They are, however, perfectly suitable for home media needs. It's a little noisy, but not too bad tucked away in my electronics closet.

Throw one in the back of my truck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

A new NAS, free without even needing beer. Came fully populated with 2TB drives, so I've swapped in my existing drives. The RAID cards weren't compatible with unRAID, so I'm waiting on two more HBA's to arrive. 24 bays in the front, 2 in the back, and two interior trays for SSD drives. Dual Xeon's for 16 cores and 24GB of ram with support up to 192GB. Storage footprint without buying any more new drives will be about 80TB and I can grow that as I replace the various 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB drives up to 5TB.

IMG_0090.JPG

Holy S..t.....one more time  Holy S..t....And I thought my 3 Sans digital boxes were the bomb.....this takes it to a whole new level. Enough room for every movie ever made.

G.E.M.

7 minutes ago, oldred said:

Holy S..t.....one more time  Holy S..t....And I thought my 3 Sans digital boxes were the bomb.....this takes it to a whole new level. Enough room for every movie ever made.

G.E.M.

Hopefully instead it will used for good and not the suggested evil.

• Moderators

Took delivery of my first hot tub.....a Vita Rendevouz Hot Tub from Craigslist.  I took 7 guys and a trailer to go pick up the hot tub. I figured it should be no problem.  820 lbs between 8 guys would only be 102 lbs of weight each.  No problem.....WRONG!  1, 2, 3, LIFT....4 guys on one side lifted it up 6", other side NADA!  We ended up having to lean it on it's side, backing the trailer up to it, tilting the Hot Tub onto the side rail and then lifting it up and sliding it across the rails of the trailer.  I called 4 additional guys to meet me at the house and figured after having more water drain out during the drive, should definitely be doable to just lift it and carry it with 12 guys.  WRONG again!  Most of the guys that were helping were 200 lbs or more so these weren't small weak guys.  We had to slide it off the side of the trailer, onto it's side....then move the trailer and lay the tub down on large PVC pipe that allowed us to easily roll the hot tub across the pavers and onto the lanai.

I have to have a 60 amp GFCI with 6/3 plus a ground and a disconnect installed before we can enjoy it.  I'm hoping to have it ready by Wednesday when Wakejunkie and his family come down.

The guy paid $10,000 for the tub.  He had it listed for $1800 so I offered him $1500 and he accepted it.  One of the three pumps needs replacing so once I replace it, I'll have $1800 in it.  I found a new tub recently that I liked that would have been $8000 plus tax.  I'm certainly glad I was patient and found one at 1/4th the cost on Craigslist.

With 3 waterfalls, 3 volcanos, LED lighting and a speaker system, I think we are really going to enjoy our time in it.

Here are the Specs.

The Rendezvous by Vita Spa (valve diagram) hot tub is a fully-featured spa, driven by three jet pumps and an air pump totaling 13 horsepower. Exclusive features such as Aromatherapy, the Symphonic Wave Seat, and Sen Flo therapy make this the worlds most exiting hot tub. The Rendezvous features 71 water jets and 40 air massage jets, and for even greater sensory impact, consider the optional Vita Tunes music system that lets you feel the music even if you are outside your spa. The Rendezvous by Vita Spa products include Excel-Plus cabinetry and InsulFoam insulation for the ultimate in energy efficiency and long-lasting durability.

Specifications:

• Jets: 111
  • Hot Tubs Seating: 7 Adults and Children
  • Size L x W x H: 93" x 93" x 39" (236.2 x 236.2 x 99 cm)
  • Weight Dry/Wet: 820/5,213 Lbs. (373/2370 kg)
  • Loading: 86.79 lbs./sq. ft. (426 kg/m2)
  • Gals/Liters: 510/1930
  • Horsepower: 12-Water 1-Air
  • Voltage/Amps: 220v / 60amps
  • L700 Series Owners Manual - (pdf)

Rendezvous by Vita Spa Features:

Rendezvous by Vita Spa MSRP: $14,995.00

Here are a few photos

hot-tub-1.jpg

hot-tub-2.jpg

hot-tub-3.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Youthman said:

and for even greater sensory impact, consider the optional Vita Tunes music system that lets you feel the music even if you are outside your spa.

Not sure why...even though I'm sure that optional "Vita Tunes music system" is the bees knees...I have a strange feeling you've got that "feel the music outside your spa" thing covered.  :lol:

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Sounds empty...

LOL....nice typo

16 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Not sure why...even though I'm sure that optional "Vita Tunes music system" is the bees knees...I have a strange feeling you've got that "feel the music outside your spa" thing covered.  :lol:

Yes, the lanai and hot tub are just outside the HT.  I highly doubt their system will impress me but it will be nice to have some music directly in the tub.

2 hours ago, Youthman said:

Yes, the lanai and hot tub are just outside the HT.  I highly doubt their system will impress me but it will be nice to have some music directly in the tub.

C'mon man, all that fancy gear you've got?  Surely there is a "Zone 2" output somewhere and a spare La Scala in the house you can relocate to the spa area.  B)

+++

BTW, NICE hot tub!  :emotion-21:  Thirteen horsepower to run the jets, that's hilarious.  That's about the output of a 250cc trail bike!  :lol:

+++

Not audio, and I'm not a Jacuzzi expert, but I think we can safely put that purchase down as another "Youthman deal."

• Moderators
8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

C'mon man, all that fancy gear you've got?  Surely there is a "Zone 2" output somewhere and a spare La Scala in the house you can relocate to the spa area.  B)

Zone 2....yes.  Spare LaScala....I wish. 

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

BTW, NICE hot tub!  :emotion-21:  Thirteen horsepower to run the jets, that's hilarious.  That's about the output of a 250cc trail bike!  :lol:

Thanks.  I'm pretty excited to get it up and running.  Need to get a friend to come over and help me run electric to it (60a GFCI, disconnect, 6/3 with ground wire etc).   

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Not audio, and I'm not a Jacuzzi expert, but I think we can safely put that purchase down as another "Youthman deal."

I thought it seemed like a pretty sweet deal.  I have nice toys but I find them super cheap so I can afford them. 

7 hours ago, willland said:

oo bad you weren't able to give it a whirl last night with the temps(in Florida) at 47F 38F.

I know!  Last night was perfect hot tub weather.

10 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

@Youthman, i think you need to upgrade the speakers to some nice klipsch outdoor stuff.

Yeah, that would be a much better idea.  The hot tub does have a small sub in it.  Curious to hear how it sounds.  He demoed it with a radio station but it was basically just to show that it worked.  I think one speaker doesn't work. 

If I do go to Klipsch outdoor speakers, any recommendations that actually sound good?  I don't know why but I seem to think that outdoor speakers are along the lines of inwall speakers.  I don't have to have something that cranks as I don't want to be that annoying neighbor that is disturbing everyone else's peace but I would like something that has some bottom end to it.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!