What I Got Today!

Brac

OK I got it last Thursday and this is a pic off the internet but very close to what I have. Exact same arm, armboard and walnut finish.

Doesn't anybody here buy old school gear anymore?[:D]

post-14801-13819831406822_thumb.jpg

this is a pic off the internet but very close to what I have. Exact same arm, armboard and walnut finish.

ok, so you got the exact same arm, armboard and walnut finish; but, the internet image's owner kept the rest of it? oh well, at least you got something and a picture to boot...so i say....good score boy!

As a professional musician in an up and coming blues band, may I add my newest instrument? A brand new Hammond Organ fresh out of the box arrived here a few days ago and goes to the stage for the first time this weekend [Y] This one even lighter and more compact then what I am currently using as seen in the avatar...

Thanks for taking a look..

.........Gary

post-23544-13819831427742_thumb.jpg

As a professional musician in an up and coming blues band, may I add my newest instrument?

Don't let Gary fool anyone... He and his band mates are more than an up and coming group. They are "first rate." All one needs to do, in order to gain this perspective, is to listen to one of their albums.... I'm looking forward to the bands newest release....

Hello there........

First, Germerikan.........these new Hammonds dating back to 2003 (when the company re-introduced the B3 and C3 - same look and feel) have the same sound as the vintage tone wheel organs including my XK-Pro System = very much a fold up B3... They have all the noise, keyclick, generator cross talk, you name it including tone wheel flutter!

Here is a photo of my other Hammond and vintage Leslie for the road on stage a couple months ago...

Boxx, you are SO kind as always, and yes an excellent plug there [Y] thank YOU sir !

Stephan, no, Tigerman comes from a name I used back in the mid 80ies.. I ride Arctic Cat snowmobiles, and I owned an el 'Tigre at the time, and hence the name... There you have it.

Enjoy the photo...

......Gary

post-23544-13819831442602_thumb.jpg

Sold a Yamaha 32 in, 12 out mixer today, so I got a router to open up the doghouses on a couple of LS cabs I got a couple of years ago. I'll be tricking these out with DJK's bass mod. If I like this, I'll do my regular/sytem LS as well. Going much easier than I expected. Inexpensive Makita compact router and flush cut bit. Works realy well. Got one opened up today and will do the other tomorrow and work on enclosing the backs and adding ports.

Bruce

Today's big Craigslist score:

A Marantz VC6001 5 disc universal disc player, original msrp $549, in mint condition save for a couple of light unnoticable scratches on top, for $35... This thing sounds pretty darn good!!

Today's big Craigslist score:

Speaking of Craigslist, I picked up these RB-5s and a RC-3 tonight for 80 bucks. He was asking 100.00 but since the grills were lost he said take them for 80.00 They are in great condition and I'd rate them a 8/10 Unplugged the 7's and listening to the RB's now. These sound fantastic with plenty of bottom end and clear vocals.

post-53536-13819831941668_thumb.jpg

Wow what a great find dude! Will they become a permanent part of your collection?

I don't know yet. Was just too good to pass on. Might pass them on to my son or set up my bedroom. I've also been thinking about expanding to 7.2 in my main room but that means an additional 2 ch. or 7 ch. amp. He also had some RB-75's that he might sell in the future and give me first shot. I'd like to find some front ported book shelves but man-o-man these sure sound good.

I'm not really into flipping gear but I know I can always get my money back if I do sell them. Maybe I can find someone that will trade me a RSW-15....ha!

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!