What I Got Today!

Brac

2 hours ago, teknoid said:

A pair of RF-82 II for the living room system. At $359 each these have got to be one of the best bargains to be had.

New System.jpg

No doubt a lot of speaker for the $$$.  I have not seen much copper in the Hoak's home.

What are your thoughts so far?  Pretty big sound huh?

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

No doubt a lot of speaker for the $$$.  I have not seen much copper in the Hoak's home.

What are your thoughts so far?  Pretty big sound huh?

Bill

First thought... I'm seriously glad that the guy who lived in the other side of the duplex from me moved out the end of last month. If he was still here he's be pounding on my door by now. :)

Second thought... I'm not entirely sure I "need" a subwoofer any more. Been playing them most of the morning with the sub off. Definitely much more bass output than the Heresys.

Third thought... Very revealing. Some of my CDs sound just awful when played through the new speaks. On the flip side what little vinyl I've played this morning sounded terrific.

I'm getting through my normal weekend chores today so I can take tomorrow as a day of loud music and self indulgence. I have a twelver of my favorite beer on ice and everything needed for a big batch of home-brewed potato chips.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, teknoid said:

First thought... I'm seriously glad that the guy who lived in the other side of the duplex from me moved out the end of last month. If he was still here he's be pounding on my door by now. :)

Second thought... I'm not entirely sure I "need" a subwoofer any more. Been playing them most of the morning with the sub off. Definitely much more bass output than the Heresys.

Third thought... Very revealing. Some of my CDs sound just awful when played through the new speaks. On the flip side what little vinyl I've played this morning sounded terrific.

I'm getting through my normal weekend chores today so I can take tomorrow as a day of loud music and self indulgence. I have a twelver of my favorite beer on ice and everything needed for a big batch of home-brewed potato chips.

Home brewed potato chips!

That deserves it's own thread:D

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!