The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Coincidentally, today I replaced the good tires on my Camaro with a new set of good tires.  285/35-20 Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4S, to replace the worn out Goodyear Eagle F1 G:2 supercars.  Feels good to have grip again.

I had some goodyear's once.  Never again.  Michelin pilots are a good choice, I went with conti dws and love'em.

Just now, oldtimer said:

I had some goodyear's once.  Never again.  Michelin pilots are a good choice, I went with conti dws and love'em.

Hah, yeah not a tire I would have chosen, but it came as OEM equipment.  The F1 G:2 supercar is actually a very good track tire.  It works best heated up and will provide in excess of 1 G lateral traction on this car.  The Pilots are a downgrade in absolute grip in a road course environment, but an upgrade for the street (better traction when cold, better rain grip, and will last probably 2x as many miles).  If I take this car to a track day it will be with a track only wheel/tire set.  This latest iteration of the PSS is already known to have issues at the track unfortunately.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Again?

Better than re-tread.

I thought about re-rubber.

• Like 1

@A1UC nice rubber for that HD truck. 

I've had an 87 S-10 4WD, 89 Silverado and a 97 Sierra. Before the first month was up on the second two (after learning with the S-10) sold those tiger-paw hydroplaners and got Dunlop Radial Rovers. Good not too noisy, you gotta be able to keep going in those rainstorms, they did not have a 20k tread life with me though.

13 minutes ago, hsosdrummer said:

Got a new cabinet for my synthesizer. Upped the bitchin-ness quotient by about 1000%!

One ringy dingy!

lily_tomlin_telephone_operator.jpg

i did get new glasses today.  Free from the VA. Funny thing, i had asked for what we once referred to as “Birth Control” glasses; but, they don’t offer those anymore.  I got the closest thing that i could find to them. 

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That looks serious.

It's more fun than a fat, bald, cranky old man should be allowed to have!

1 minute ago, hsosdrummer said:

It's more fun than a fat, bald, cranky old man should be allowed to have!

Aren't you a drummer? Play the keyboards also? Awesome.

25 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Aren't you a drummer? Play the keyboards also? Awesome.

I play the drums (for 55 years); I only dabble in keyboards. I studied music in high school and college; and along with harmony, theory, arranging, sight-singing, orchestra, band, music history, etc., I also took a keyboard class, so I learned basic technique. But it's been 45 years since I had to put most of it into practice, so I'm kind of back to square one. But it's like it was when I was first learning drums: even the simple things are a challenge, so there's a wonderful sense of accomplishment when I make progress. And it keeps the brain from calcifying.

7 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

image.png.af469230cc64ebda0341d979697001c9.png

Got one of these today. It's all about tree limb control.

Great purchase - keep them trees pruned! Ironically we just had a tree planted today.