The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

An impressive unit... the owner never used it? He wasn't selling it out of the trunk of his LTD was he...

Just now, Schu said:

An impressive unit... the owner never used it?

Story was bought, stashed away and then family put on FB Market Place. No other details given.

Been searching for new cans for quite some time. Just received these today and I think they are keepers. The design, comfort, and performance are all excellent so far. Not a bad price either at $149 ($399 retail) new on Amazon currently!

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, Emile said:

Yeah; especially high voltage tube amps :) 

Yea the alcohol makes you more conductive:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, babadono said:

Yea the alcohol makes you more conductive

Only scotch/vodka makes you more conductive ... wine is OK :)

Whaah :(:(:( My Bob Latino VTA ST70 tube amp build is on "hold."  Had decided to get a protective lucite cover for the driver board (from Roy; the "other" tubes4hifi.com partner) as I did not want to spill wine on the 500-600V connections ( or touch them after finishing a bottle.) Cannot finish the driver board connections ... have to install the cover before this, so "waiting" for the cover to arrive. Whaah :(:( Hopefully it will come later this week. :) Will keep "you all" posted.

So; I had nothing to do and bought an oscilloscope off CraigsList (still have to pick it up and make sure it works). Have not used an oscilloscope since college. (Got some "toilet paper" degrees - as per one of our members :) - from THE Ohio State University.) Guess I could display "oscilloscope music graphics," or maybe fix "my build" if I had too much wine :) Comments appreciated on "what I can do with a scope.

Cheers, Emile

Pair of beautiful consecutive serial # cherry RB-5 IIs for a Benjamin!  (Actually I have him five Jacksons).

A little dusty and some minor scratches but they should work very well as my surrounds.

20171212_131740~2.jpg

• Like 4

Still working (no; awaiting a part :( ) on my Bob Latino VTA ST70 amp. So ... nothing else to do and was searching auctions, etc. Found a B&K Components Reference 30 preamp. Seller is delivering it tomorrow (yeah; paid him extra ... did not want to screw with rush hour traffic in the Tampa Bay area). No clue if it is worth anything :(  But ... the original MSRP was $2800 :)  Anyone familiar with these?

B&K REFERENCE 30. PRE AMP PROCESSOR

On 12/10/2017 at 7:50 PM, USNRET said:

MC2000_1.jpg

AWESOME! If you don't like it you can ship it to me :) 

On 12/12/2017 at 12:26 PM, wuzzzer said:

Pair of beautiful consecutive serial # cherry RB-5 IIs for a Benjamin!  (Actually I have him five Jacksons).

A little dusty and some minor scratches but they should work very well as my surrounds.

20171212_131740~2.jpg

Nice! I've had a couple pairs in medium oak (still have a pair) and love them. Tough speaker to beat for $100.

New crossovers from Bob Crites....KLF-30.8acd67c90570c958202f5a0310e59939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Wow, what a difference going from a 20 year old stock xover to this....

• Like 2

It's CRISP I say......CRISP!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SWL said:

New crossovers from Bob Crites....KLF-30.

Glad it worked for you ... Got new crossovers for my Cornwall I's and "no difference." Guess I'm one of the "lucky" people who's crossovers were "perfect" even though they were 30 yrs old :(  But ... got Bob's tweeters and Ti diaphragms and very happy with those :) 

Thanks Emile.

I think I will now refer to KLF's as DIY speakers. Kick *** DIY speakers.

Buy a pair used in good, very good condition for about $800.00. Plan on putting approx. $700.00 into them by way of titanium tweeter diaphragms, A55G mid-range drivers, new crossovers and finally sealing the cabs with PL Premium X3 in addition to adding some supplemental bracing front to back........and you've got some kick *** $1500.00 speakers that if you were to buy 'new' today would probably cost north of 3-4 grand.

I've got two pair that I've done pretty much everything that I can to them. I think the next step is gonna be fixing up the exterior finish of the cabs. Something I have never done...... but these speakers are in it for the long haul so it should be fun.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emile said:

Glad it worked for you ... Got new crossovers for my Cornwall I's and "no difference." Guess I'm one of the "lucky" people who's crossovers were "perfect" even though they were 30 yrs old :(  But ... got Bob's tweeters and Ti diaphragms and very happy with those :) 

You also might not be physically capable of hearing the difference.

3 minutes ago, Schu said:

You also might not be physically capable of hearing the difference.

OK; "I am an old fart." :) But ... still can hear 20Hz to 17kHz ... and even more after some wine :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1