What I Got Today!

Brac

Beautiful the way the snow clings to those trees.  That heavy now is what snaps power lines, though.

But come on, 8" of snow in Wisconsin in a day?  That's not enough to even cause a two-hour delay in school for you guys.  [emoji14]
Yeah, it's been an incredibly wimpy winter here this year as far as snowfall is concerned. Last year, too.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

well, you guys can just tell me to not be a downer if you want.  and I'm not bragging at all (atm) but I did have notice this was coming.  (but still have not had a face to face with any of my management about it.  granted, my direct boss is in AR & I'm not.  her boss is in Seattle.  but still - I expected news like this to be delivered face to face, or at least have an in person discussion about it.  but nope.  is that the way the corporate world is going?  anyway, what I got yesterday will serve as a 'countdown timer' and kick in the A$$ to press on with my next personal/career goal.  I let the logo intentionally.  use the google if you want.  I'm sure it's out there.

btw - if you happen to know anybody needing experienced IT help, don't be skeered to give me a shout, k?  thx.

transition notice.jpg

That sucks John.  I remember when Luther went through pretty much the same thing.  Put your feelers out now (if you haven't already).  Uncertainty about the future always gave me the heeby jeebys but somehow I always ended up landing on my feet.  I'm sure you will too.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That sucks John.  I remember when Luther went through pretty much the same thing.  Put your feelers out now (if you haven't already).  Uncertainty about the future always gave me the heeby jeebys but somehow I always ended up landing on my feet.  I'm sure you will too.

thanks.  appreciate the good thoughts & suggestions.  not searching hard yet, and here's why.  I've "lived" in user/desktop systems/customer facing support for the majority of my career.  but I got started with the help of a good friend who did networking.  I was in absolute amazement & awe (granted, I was brand new & had very little idea what he was doing) when watching him hammer code via CLI on Cisco gear.  and have always had a bit of an itch to do that, or move into it.  so now, I have the motivation & need to really get moving on it.  and already have.  1st week of this yr, I passed my entry level Cisco networking cert exam, and am pressing on for a more widely known & a little more sought CCNA cert.

once I get that, hopefully by end of Q1 - right about the time this gig runs out - when I can say "yes, I do have my CCNA!" - THEN I will really start working it.

fortunately I will have a decent sev pkg when I leave, so that will help

31 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

File for unemployment immediately after your job ends.  The benefit counter starts the day you file, not your first day of unemployment.

Thanks for that!  yes, I'll have to remember that when  the time comes - don't delay!

12 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

It's my understanding that W has been laying people off for years, at least here in the Pacific NW. Sorry you are on the chopping block.

yes, and probably will continue to do so.  last qtr, we had our division VP on a tour doing Q & A.  a friend of mine asked her why the hirings, layoffs, etc?  her answer - well, you know the business cycles, up & down.  so we adjust our employment needs based on that.  cycle up - hire more.  and down, well, we "right size" ourselves based on needs.

I have comments about that but...  :wacko:

and thanks all for the sentiments & best wishes.  I was kept on following a huge "murder"/merger/acquisition that closed in '16.  now, I wasn't the happiest guy before that.  but the work & office environment has changed, and is a lot different than it was pre-murder.  so I have mixed feelings about it.  and the dominant one is that I'm glad they finally put this in writing so we can move forward.  I'm actually a bit glad about it.

1 hour ago, -js- said:

nice.  good looking item you have there.  had a chance to try it out yet?  :emotion-21:

Yeah.  The manual says it needs 300 - 500 rounds for break-in with ball.  First 150 was flawless, with 7 different mags and a random mag of HPs thrown in.  It is very tight, so it may need that 500 rounds. 

• Like 3