What I Got Today!

Brac

11 hours ago, -js- said:

well, you guys can just tell me to not be a downer if you want.  and I'm not bragging at all (atm) but I did have notice this was coming.  (but still have not had a face to face with any of my management about it.  granted, my direct boss is in AR & I'm not.  her boss is in Seattle.  but still - I expected news like this to be delivered face to face, or at least have an in person discussion about it.  but nope.  is that the way the corporate world is going?  anyway, what I got yesterday will serve as a 'countdown timer' and kick in the A$$ to press on with my next personal/career goal.  I let the logo intentionally.  use the google if you want.  I'm sure it's out there.

btw - if you happen to know anybody needing experienced IT help, don't be skeered to give me a shout, k?  thx.

Bummer.  I don't think I've ever been laid off any other way, but I worked for a power company that had become cut-throat with outside management. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

@Thaddeus Smith I live in the country, but I'm not a country guy, grew up in a city. What is a Boer? Is it a baby cow? Without something in the pic to show how big they are, I'm not sure of their size. But they give milk?

These are goats and the breed is Boer. I also have nigerian dwarf and nigernian/nubian mix goats.

They're about 18 inches or so from head to tail, but only a couple of hours old as well. They grow pretty quickly :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

These are goats and the breed is Boer. I also have nigerian dwarf and nigernian/nubian mix goats.

They're about 18 inches or so from head to tail, but only a couple of hours old as well. They grow pretty quickly :)

That's cool. They look much smaller in the pic, I better not let my daughter see them!

26 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You heathen.....Ain't it fun?

Sure is! And I likely wouldn't be doing it yet had I not quit my job and spent a few months converting the barn, fixing g paddocks, and running water. Oh and I'm generally happier and not stressed out these days.. So there's that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Sure is! And I likely wouldn't be doing it yet had I not quit my job and spent a few months converting the barn, fixing g paddocks, and running water. Oh and I'm generally happier and not stressed out these days.. So there's that.

and making milking stands out of old Cornwall cabinets....that's still a classic in my book.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Schu said:

That's awesome... congrats Mike.

Ha thanks. Lost the male overnight and trying to keep the female going. My doe isn't creating colostrum/milk like she should be and the cold temps forced us to bring the kids inside. So, buried that one this morning and then went to the feed store for suitable supplements and milk replacements. We knew she was pregnant when we got her, but didn't know how far along and have been caught a bit unprepared this time around.

• Sad 1

I just got a pork butt off the smoker for my cheat day for food one day a week. 12 degrees and 0 degree wind chill. I guess I'm nuts! I use hickory  alot but I've been using peach from a tree my brother cut down and its also great for smoke. The wife and I love BBQ! Letting it rest for a few hours and then going to town on it! Ive got a place set up for smoking with walls and a roof on a concrete pad. Lights also. I make my own rub and smoking/grilling meat is about all I can doB).

• Like 2

On 4/2/2012 at 9:28 AM, DoubleJ said:

Finally bought me a car that is of this century!!! 2012 Camry SE

post-6818-13819692452734_thumb.jpg

It will last forever.I just turned 256,ooo on my 02 camry work car. Im going to spend about 1500 buck on a tune up,valve cover gaskets,timing belt etc and get it ready for 5 more years of driving to work and its great for parking lots. No worries like when I drive my tundra.  I just saw how old this post was lol!

• Like 1