What I Got Today!

Brac

4 minutes ago, rplace said:

No the music plays backwards and you hear the devil speaking to you like on Stairway to Heaven.

reminds me of a song a friend played for us back in the day, and I still LOVE IT!  ELO's Fire on High has that in the opening of it, before you get to the part that many more folks recognize.

that one is one of mine that goes in the Max Volume thread we had rolling not long ago.

2 minutes ago, Schu said:

Speaking of that... does anyone know of a way to accurately play music backwards, perhaps digitally...

oh, that would be AWESOME!  I'm sure this is the place someone would come up with that!  great idea Schu!

On 2/13/2018 at 9:32 PM, teaman said:

Yeah, that little Mini A-100 as listed now has been around a long time, back to the days of Sherbourn. Every few years they do a refresh but for the money it is pretty hard to beat. Quite the little trooper.

Just ran the Pilgrimage by my wife, we will have to see. My daughter is playing for a National volleyball team based here in Michigan but plays in Pittsburgh the following weekend. I will make every effort to get down there. I would love to meet all my Klipsch friends!

Tim

I love my A-100.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, burninator said:

I love my A-100.

Pretty solid little amp, for the price it's built better than it should be. A true 50 wpc and clean sounding. Using them on a very sensitive speaker, over 110db@1w and if they had problems I would hear it.

This is only the second thing I bought from that brand, the other was a DAC, both perform better than they should for the price and built like a tank.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dtel said:

Pretty solid little amp, for the price it's built better than it should be. A true 50 wpc and clean sounding. Using them on a very sensitive speaker, over 110db@1w and if they had problems I would hear it.

This is only the second thing I bought from that brand, the other was a DAC, both perform better than they should for the price and built like a tank.

I've used mine with my '76 Heresy, RB-5, KP-2500-C, and La Scala. It's great for temporary setups (like when I was painting the kitchen after we moved and used it with the RB-5s). At the moment, it's in the garage powering the 102db@1w KP-2500-Cs, providing the tunes while I work on vehicles. Nice, clean power in a small and easily moved package. No complaints to report.

All the Emotiva stuff I've owned has been very solidly built. Especially the 80 lb beast of an XPA-5. Best bang for the buck out there, IMO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burninator said:

I've used mine with my '76 Heresy, RB-5, KP-2500-C, and La Scala. It's great for temporary setups (like when I was painting the kitchen after we moved and used it with the RB-5s). At the moment, it's in the garage powering the 102db@1w KP-2500-Cs, providing the tunes while I work on vehicles. Nice, clean power in a small and easily moved package. No complaints to report.

I'm rebuilding my 2500's as we speak.  Basically just a recap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, teaman said:

My Monoprice HDMI cables are directional too. Weird stuff happens if you hook them up wrong I hear....ever see The Ring?

Some HDMI cables have active circuitry at the sending end and must be on the HDMI "OUT" part of the connection.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I have a mid level Emotiva pre-amp, and the remote is a work of art. It's all aluminum and pretty heavy.

Yea those multi channel amps are beasts.

If you keep the remote on a nightstand they are sure to deter home invaders. Imagine getting hit in the head with one of those remotes.....yikes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rplace said:

No the music plays backwards and you hear the devil speaking to you like on Stairway to Heaven.

Directional cables are nothing new. At least the claim or annotations on the cables and the salesmen back in the day when audio boutiques thrived giving you their pitch. Enjoy!

Why is the center conductor a twisted pair? Cuz you have to cancel out the inter capacitance of the two halves of itself. Come on everybody knows that. And if you hook it up backwrds? My goodness can you say mucho Henries of inductance?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

which end is female and male.....?

If you're serious----- as far as I know both ends of all HDMI cables are the same, it's the equipment it is plugging into that has the opposite sex connector. The active cables have some lettering or arrows to tell you which is which, like this:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025506&p_id=12735&seq=1&format=2

Long live rock, be it dead or alive!

Must be a sign of the times these two arriving in the mail on the same day. The first time I saw The Who I think it was 10 bucks. For sure no computer printed ticket. I really don't think I am old but I must be.IMG_20180215_170839.thumb.jpg.b822a8c73d4f2e3d7f460e5c1eda437d.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, babadono said:

If you're serious----- as far as I know both ends of all HDMI cables are the same, it's the equipment it is plugging into that has the opposite sex connector. The active cables have some lettering or arrows to tell you which is which, like this:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10255&cs_id=1025506&p_id=12735&seq=1&format=2

The HDMI syndrome keeps creeping larger than the national debt.

JJK