What I Got Today!

Brac

5 hours ago, muel said:

Looks similar to the one Tom Keady made for Paul.  Looks like some nice figure on that shelf!

Its from timbernation. And yes the maple shelves are awesome. This thing weighs a ton - or there abouts!

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

send it to me ... i think up a special occasion.  You’re right, it IS hard to find.  

You can get it on the secondary market but you'll have to pay 5 or 600 dollars.  I could never do that.  Finding it for retail at a store is REALLY hard.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

You can get it on the secondary market but you'll have to pay 5 or 600 dollars.  I could never do that.  Finding it for retail at a store is REALLY hard.

I would pay that for a bottle of Pappys. I was talking to a lady from Buffalo Trace about Pappy’s.  She said that there is a lot of fake Pappy’s on eBay and Craigs List. Now, i know why people are selling empty bottles ... probably to the people trying to sell the fake stuff as the real thing. Doesn’t Buffalo Trace make Weller too?

7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I would pay that for a bottle of Pappys. I was talking to a lady from Buffalo Trace about Pappy’s.  She said that there is a lot of fake Pappy’s on eBay and Craigs List. Now, i know why people are selling empty bottles ... probably to the people trying to sell the fake stuff as the real thing. Doesn’t Buffalo Trace make Weller too?

Yes they do.  A local store had a bottle of 12 year Pappys for 550 about a month ago.  They wouldn't sell it for msrp so I walked.  The LaRue is supposedly comparable to pappy 20 and some actually prefer it.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes they do.  A local store had a bottle of 12 year Pappys for 550 about a month ago.  They wouldn't sell it for msrp so I walked.  The LaRue is supposedly comparable to pappy 20 and some actually prefer it.

what is MRSP?  I can’t believe that you found a bottle on a store shelf -- some places have a lottery, some have lines going down the block when it first comes available. I’ve heard of LaRue and imagine it is equally as hard to find.   With the popularity, i’m surprised Buffalo Trace doesn’t make more -- not saying saturate the market like it’s Budweiser; but, they could offer more than they do now. 

In the meantime, i sip on this bottle of Guinness Draught that i just opened.

You guys get all the cool stuff. Nice Schu. I see the Weller Larue MSRP @ $80.
I go a cold and new tail light assemblies.
The work boss talking sending my azz to Whidbey Island, WA in May...uh-oh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

You guys get all the cool stuff. Nice Schu. I see the Weller Larue MSRP @ $80.
I go a cold and new tail light assemblies.
The work boss talking sending my azz to Whidbey Island, WA in May...uh-oh.

I paid a hair over 100 so I guess i got it slightly over msrp.

This arrived today, a really cool Lego set from Parts Express!!  This is the second sub that I'm adding of the same type.  Won't be done for a couple of months yet, weather won't be good for painting until then.  Can't wait to get it finished.

IMG_20180309_145754601_BURST001.thumb.jpg.60372c61e48e77025b6d13180adac99a.jpg

• Like 3