What I Got Today!

Brac

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

What are . . . I mean were . . . they?

They were Martin Logan 60XT’s with near mint gloss cabinets. Picked them up for $650 and they came with a Dynamo 700 Subwoofer with wireless kit and an Audioquest Irish Red Subwoofer cable. 

I might have paid a little much for them but there was a sad story with the nice guy selling them. 

From the looks of them, someone torched the ribbon tweeters, tried replacing them on their own and made things worse. I sent a parts list to Martin Logan last night, any guesses on what this list will run?

1.) Complete set of factory feet.

2.) 2 new tweeters.

3.) Full set of jumpers.

4.) 1 tweeter bracket, with screws.

5.) 1 motor board cover (think that is what the broken cover that hides the wooofer mounting brackets is called), with screws.

I am hoping it is going to be in the $300 range but who knows. I have ordered parts from Martin Logan before and they aren’t cheap.

I can sell the sub, wireless transmitter and Audioquest cable for $400, pretty easily which would put me only $250 into the 60XT’s. Add $300 - $400 in parts and I have a pretty darn good deal on some speakers I have always wanted to try. They were $3,000 speakers so anything under $500 in parts and I will be thrilled with this purchase!

I will let you all know how much the parts are going to be, when Martin Logan replies:unsure:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, K5SS said:

They were Martin Logan 60XT’s with near mint gloss cabinets. Picked them up for $650 and they came with a Dynamo 700 Subwoofer with wireless kit and an Audioquest Irish Red Subwoofer cable. 

I might have paid a little much for them but there was a sad story with the nice guy selling them. 

From the looks of them, someone torched the ribbon tweeters, tried replacing them on their own and made things worse. I sent a parts list to Martin Logan last night, any guesses on what this list will run?

1.) Complete set of factory feet.

2.) 2 new tweeters.

3.) Full set of jumpers.

4.) 1 tweeter bracket, with screws.

5.) 1 motor board cover (think that is what the broken cover that hides the wooofer mounting brackets is called), with screws.

I am hoping it is going to be in the $300 range but who knows. I have ordered parts from Martin Logan before and they aren’t cheap.

I can sell the sub, wireless transmitter and Audioquest cable for $400, pretty easily which would put me only $250 into the 60XT’s. Add $300 - $400 in parts and I have a pretty darn good deal on some speakers I have always wanted to try. They were $3,000 speakers so anything under $500 in parts and I will be thrilled with this purchase!

I will let you all know how much the parts are going to be, when Martin Logan replies:unsure:

Cool story if it is something you have always been after. Good luck and please update progress/results.

Got my Palladium P38s sold off and the new owner  "absolutely ****ing loves them". Here are their replacements. Joseph Audio Pulsars. Still waiting for the stands to come from Core Audio Design. Should be another week or two. Having to use the stands that my Palladium P17s sit on in my bedroom for the Pulsars for now.

Bottom pic is of the P17s I had in the living room while waiting on the Pulsars.

UitEpG5.jpg

exuUMRN.jpg

0Sxp0wu.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, WillyBob said:

that smile is worth a million... yep, a score

no that smile is fake ..just for a pic...

I should of made a video ....

when I opened the box....

her excitement was over the top !

when I showed her the mug ....with

the klipsch and hello kitty logo....

She lost her little mind.....

Gia never seen a laser inscription..

and went into panic mode....worried

about ....is this going too wash off..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Looks like gifts to me.  Put on those shades and go move incognito among the regular folk . . . after coffee, of course.

2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

and what was even funnier..

she said after putting on the sunglasses...

Come with me.....I'm from the agency....and started laughing.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6