What I Got Today!

Brac

13 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Yessir. Making less money than I was, yet quality of life is better, needs are always met, and we even have room for some wants and fun stuff.

I'm of same mind. 

I tell folks we live simple. We do. Got an acre with 2 houses [both are very modest. 800sq/ft and 900sq/ft], pay $700/month. Drive a 1989 Oldsmobile beater every day. Am thrilled at the prospect of a "new" 2002 Toyota for $2000. Roll my own smokes. Heat with wood....

own an H/K 630 and a pair of LaScalas

I do have my priorities

we don't go out. Tucson is 60 miles.  We "eat out" in. Buy some good stuff and cook it ourselves. "Shot the wad" and bought a couple T-bones the other night.

yammerin' on and it's game time....

glad you are enjoying a simpler lifestyle. I am/do.  I've been practicing at it for a while.

• Like 2

please don't go to Frank what's his name's rendition of ChristmasSong   "Black dog roasting over an open fire..."

haven't [knowingly] eaten that

and the neighbor's bbq

you would see everything from oysters to hot dogs on it.  Love the little roasted eggplant split with shoyu and vinegar. 

Gives me gas, but that is fun, too

4 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I'm sure those goat pics reminded oldtimer of food. On the islands, goat is highly prized/special occasion fare.

One of the top 5 best meals I've ever had was marinated, charcoal grilled goat at a restaurant in Bangkok.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The History Kid said:

Didn't get it today - will early next week (fresh off the truck)...but finished the paperwork and got the new insurance cards for it...

Never thought I'd drive a Hybrid, but here I am.

yay.thumb.jpg.1090c1f314ad3f42d16634c0ab467eb3.jpg

Congrats!

Be sure you sell it before the warranty expires on the battery.  You don't want to buy one of those.

• Like 1