What I Got Today!

Brac

30 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

Highly recommended to replace them in 10 year intervals.

One's back and sleep patterns have been shown to be positively impacted by doing so.

ZZzzzz......

Yes, that's easy to remember because it's the same as the mattress warranty period usually and it's also the same as the recommended wife replacement interval. Makes good sense if you think about. New wife, need new mattress.

Keith

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2018 at 9:34 PM, The History Kid said:

Loaded with everything I wanted - they were asking for $36,150 - I signed for it at $28,990.

The pay-off of the negotiating skills you acquired from buying and selling Klipsch speakers?  :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Two Mega Million tickets for tonight.  I should be a shoe in:P

$485,000,000.

That means if you win, that second ticket was a waste of money.

I have thought about what I would do for my brothers on this forum should I win a half bil or so.  Let's just say if I win, you win.  B)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That means if you win, that second ticket was a waste of money.

I have thought about what I would do for my brothers on this forum should I win a half bil or so.  Let's just say if I win, you win.  B)

A Pittsburgh Panthers jersey for all of us?  Can a WVU guy bring himself to purchase such an item?

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

A Pittsburgh Panthers jersey for all of us?  Can a WVU guy bring himself to purchase such an item?

Absolutely!  :D

You've got to to have something to wipe your butt with...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, Arrow#422 said:

Even with the "highly" disclosed weak 3rd gear issue, the GM 3.8L ran strong and still got 20mpg city & 28mpg on the highway.

Probably the BEST all around GM motor ever produced.

Actually, it's more likely to be the LT5, but that may depend on how you define "all-around."  Higher horsepower, incredible durability (world endurance record holder for production cars), and believe it or not, the MPGs aren't too far off from that 3.8L (when driven modestly!).  It was a bit expensive when new though.

2017-05-05_21-49-55.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, everyone has to be a kid now & then. Went to an estate sale and there before me was quite the collection of Chevron toy cars. I remember back in 98' when they first came out I kinda liked them. Not enough to buy them as I was too old I thought. 

Well, fast forward to 2018 with daughter & two grandkids that are 3-4 years old respectively. It was a eureka moment when I saw them sitting on five glass shelves. I shot a pic off to my wife and she ORDERED me to get them. :D

She had collected them for her son when he was a little boy and I quote "like a dummy I threw them out". She been looking for them ever since. 

What you don't see is the vehicle transport big rig which holds five cars, fire truck and about five more cars as those went to the grandkids. They were smiling ear to ear when they got them.

Gotta say, these cars are goofy and it's great to have kids especially when they can provide "cover" for buying toys "for them".:P 

My favorite is the car & pig. Wife likes all the special cancer ones and my daughter lives the ice cream trucks which do make the traditional ice cream vending noise. A pleasant surprise. 

At a $1 a piece one couldn't go wrong as they are in mint condition. 

IMG_20180328_081246.jpg

• Like 2