Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Recommended Posts

LOL, we have ours still in the original boxes.  Only a buck?  Should have waited, but they were hard to resist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a new Project Debut Carbon turntable today. It’s an entry level TT but still a big step up from what I had before. Sounds great to me. Had to do some vibration dampening work to my rack but all is good now. Impressed so far.



3c5e0b3af264ce5fc330af63662f884d.jpg

4b1c65ded24e52a197b67ae60b589273.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice table.  I'd get my money back on that round picture though:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Derrick said:

Got a new Project Debut Carbon turntable today. It’s an entry level TT but still a big step up from what I had before. Sounds great to me. Had to do some vibration dampening work to my rack but all is good now. Impressed so far.



3c5e0b3af264ce5fc330af63662f884d.jpg

4b1c65ded24e52a197b67ae60b589273.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one for a brief time. They’re great for the price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had one for a brief time. They’re great for the price!


Yeah, I wasn’t looking to spend a fortune on a new TT. Extra cash will go to a speaker upgrade (Forte III) where it makes more of a difference.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 9:29 AM, Tarheel said:

Two Mega Million tickets for tonight.  I should be a shoe in:P

$485,000,000.

Now at half a bil, $502 million.

 

I should be able to live comfortably on that for a while, in the manner to which I hope to become accustomed. 

+++

 

Would you buy a luxury car or something more pedestrian like a TOTL model Honda?  That's not a dumb question, I would worry if I bought a fancy car it would attract bad guys.  I don't think I want a nicer car, just a newer car.

 

We have to talk about this for so we can justify buying tickets for entertainment purposes, otherwise it's just gambling.  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5abc19b9db240_20180328_175728(2).thumb.jpg.6078ba2723942f8543ba6fce8f124734.jpg

Custom cross over covers...Sorry for the quality of the photo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Now at half a bil, $502 million.

 

I should be able to live comfortably on that for a while, in the manner to which I hope to become accustomed. 

+++

 

Would you buy a luxury car or something more pedestrian like a TOTL model Honda?  That's not a dumb question, I would worry if I bought a fancy car it would attract bad guys.  I don't think I want a nicer car, just a newer car.

 

We have to talk about this for so we can justify buying tickets for entertainment purposes, otherwise it's just gambling.  :ph34r:

I already know what I'd do

hillbilly speaker.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello friends..............been a while since posting something of interest...

 

Just got the Amateur radio bug last week and thought I would start out by looking for decent old tube gear that was WELL taken care of for many years....   After much watching of auctions on eBay, I had this one picked out and waited a few days watching.   Down to 20 seconds on that final hour and won this beautiful example from 1959 !     I have learned ALL the history on this one, came complete to my door TODAY and just took these photos.....    

 

A Hammerlund HQ-160  complete with owners manuals AND two brochures !!!    Antenna will arrive this Friday (new) and I got to New Jersey to pick up the transmitter (which is in similar shape)........books to study are next.........radio license sometime this summer...DSCN9859.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unit itself !   

DSCN9863.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is ALL original factory paint on the cabinet!DSCN9861.jpg

One more...............DSCN9864.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KROCK said:

5abc19b9db240_20180328_175728(2).thumb.jpg.6078ba2723942f8543ba6fce8f124734.jpg

Custom cross over covers...Sorry for the quality of the photo.

 

It's a shame that you had to apply electricity to them, now they are not virgin anymore.

JJK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oldtimer said:

LOL, we have ours still in the original boxes.  Only a buck?  Should have waited, but they were hard to resist.

First time I saw these at any sale in all the years I've been going. On a glass shelf no less. So it was now or never. Last day was a whole box approximately 10 cars for $5. So not a bad deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, etc6849 said:

A custom PC case to match my amps.

Nice!

 

I'm not familiar with all your amplifier goodness.  Can you give me the guided tour?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...