What I Got Today!

Brac

Refrigerator boxes, too.

as the box broke down, it would serve as a different toy.  Saw the kids in HI sledding down the grass when the box was about rubbish.

those amaryllis were rescues from the dump.  just bulbs in the dumpster.. 

A couple/few weeks ago I got these wires (10') for my main speakers. I've been so happy with them that I decided to get these (15') for my subs.

I don't know dudes....this whole speaker cable thing. I hear the differences in my system. A friend of mine opened my eyes recently with a pair of Straight Wire cables.

After I got the Canare's, I compared all the different speaker wires I have in the house. They all sound slightly different. The common denominator was that the Canare's and the Straight Wire's had a fuller richer sound compared to the others.

The others were 12 guage Monster Cable, 10 guage wire from Home Depot and 14 guage wire from Home Depot. Of those three, the 14 guage from Home Depot always sounded the 'cleanest'. I used them for the last few years. The Monsters for probably 10 years before that. I would always cut off an inch or so approx every 12-18 months for a good connection.

The 14 guage Home Depot wire (lampcord) that I've always read was 'good enough' wasn't so 'good enough' after all.

Since comparing all of my old speaker cables to the Canare's and the Straight Wire's......the 10 and 12 guage wires sound dull and lifeless. The 14 guage that I preferred because it sounded cleaner....even had a little sizzle on top.... actually sounds like a joke compared to the Straight Wire and the Canare's. It was seriously not was I was expecting.

The 14 guage wire that I preferred because I thought it actually sounded clearer.......actually sounds weak in the bass and tizzy in the highs. Artificial sounding and grainy. If I had never done the comparison...... ignorance is bliss, right?

Anyway, just wanted to share this. The Canare 4s11 Star Quad cables are supposed to sheild from other cables because of their twisted design.

Whatever. I like what I'm hearing vs. the other cables I was using. They sound 'right'. I guess I'll chalk it up to some kind of interference the cheap cables couldn't deal with......and the Canare's can.a13a6480583050a31be169391ec8735e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

[mention=15340]SWL[/mention] very interesting. I haven't seen any wire comparisons.
When my buddy gave me the Straight Wire's to check out, I wasn't all that interested. I reluctantly brought them home, tossed them in the corner in the pile of misc. wires, cables etc and there they sat for about four months.

One day I had to go into that pile for something and rediscovered the speaker cables. I figured I better at least try them before giving them back.

That's when everything changed. I don't plan on going out and buying some real expensive speaker cables any time soon but I'm happy with the improvement I got for a relatively affordable price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok..............back on topic ??     I drove an 8.5 hour trip today to pick up an Amateur Radio TRANSMITTER!  It will be the mate to the Hammerland receiver that I was delivered and posted here a page back or so.....

This a very handsome looking 'boat anchor' as they call them (yeah, this thing weighs 107 lbs. !)  The color scheme reminds me of a 1950ies Ford Crown Vic.....   The aqua / cream white and chrome really speak for themselves...     Does it work?   It was tested on a Variac, I watched it, but it was NOT tested for on air, since my seller did not have a test 'load'....   It was not much money and there is a nice history behind it's origin, but will be a fun project...   

Here are a couple photos......    The Heathkit 'Apache TX-1'  from the early 60ies....DSCN9960.jpg

DSCN9959.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

Ok..............back on topic ??     I drove an 8.5 hour trip today to pick up an Amateur Radio TRANSMITTER!  It will be the mate to the Hammerland receiver that I was delivered and posted here a page back or so.....

This a very handsome looking 'boat anchor' as they call them (yeah, this thing weighs 107 lbs. !)  The color scheme reminds me of a 1950ies Ford Crown Vic.....   The aqua / cream white and chrome really speak for themselves...     Does it work?   It was tested on a Variac, I watched it, but it was NOT tested for on air, since my seller did not have a test 'load'....   It was not much money and there is a nice history behind it's origin, but will be a fun project...   

Here are a couple photos......    The Heathkit 'Apache TX-1'  from the early 60ies....DSCN9960.jpg

DSCN9959.jpg

You can reach the moon with that !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

What model linear tracking turntable ? And is it 1/2 inch

Mounting or a p mount...

It's a KD-64F  and the cartridge has a locking screw and it plugs in with 4 pins. It has a P mount Audio Technica AT3482P in it now and there is also an adapter for the two screw mount.

JJK

23 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

It's a KD-64F  and the cartridge has a locking screw and it plugs in with 4 pins. It has a P mount Audio Technica AT3482P in it now and there is also an adapter for the two screw mount.

JJK

So it set to do both... P mount and 1/2 inch cartridge