What I Got Today!

Brac

.a stiff neck from varnishing some (14) bar stools.
Wow, 14.... I'll bet there's room for me someday.... I'm a great guest... :D

Well the second fan was delivered so between rain storms I took a pic before putting it up, the music is playing already, just waiting for everyone to show up, or music to put a fan up by either way.

Wow, party at Dtels !

• 2 weeks later...

A cup from Power Sound Audio containing the veneer samples (actually yesterday) and an Audyssey Pro Install Kit today. Oh, tracer numbers for the Ortofon 2M Black (Thursday) and Basis turntable (Friday). Gonna have some work and fun when the family starts vacation next week. Expect the pair of PSA XS30SEs in cherry in about 10-14 days.

post-19886-0-73900000-1401315885_thumb.j

• Moderators
6" of rain would wash away Calif. 6" is not a "Little"

I would think the mudslides would be bad, no mountains here so no problems like that.

The most we had here is 21" in one day, we couldn't leave the area because roads were flooded, only two ways out from here. It took 3 days for the water on the roads to go down.

The strange thing is with hurricanes we usually only get a few inches of rain, we only worry about winds with no storm serge here. For Katrina we had sustained winds here of 140mph and were VERY lucky with no damage.

I didn't build the house pretty but it's very strong.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Almost forgot I did get something else today, 3 baby banana trees in the mail.

Not normal bananas, there cold hardy. They will not lose the leaves until 28 degrees but the good part is the roots are safe to -2 and if mulched well -20. This way when we get a cold winter like this past winter where it got to 16 here the bananas will come back in the spring and not have to be replaced.

I like them because there tropical looking and there are very few things (I like) that can take cold and we wanted something tropical looking for out by the bar.

• Like 1

Almost forgot I did get something else today, 3 baby banana trees in the mail.

Not normal bananas, there cold hardy. They will not lose the leaves until 28 degrees but the good part is the roots are safe to -2 and if mulched well -20. This way when we get a cold winter like this past winter where it got to 16 here the bananas will come back in the spring and not have to be replaced.

I like them because there tropical looking and there are very few things (I like) that can take cold and we wanted something tropical looking for out by the bar.

Do you mind sharing where you ordered these trees?

• Like 1

A cup from Power Sound Audio containing the veneer samples (actually yesterday) and an Audyssey Pro Install Kit today. Oh, tracer numbers for the Ortofon 2M Black (Thursday) and Basis turntable (Friday). Gonna have some work and fun when the family starts vacation next week. Expect the pair of PSA XS30SEs in cherry in about 10-14 days.

A good week in the Welch household for sure.

• Moderators
Do you mind sharing where you ordered these trees?

Sure it was this place in Florida. Neither of the two varieties I got make edible bananas there just ornamental.

For someone who would like banana trees for the fruit there are so many different varieties it would be hard to pick, but none of those can take any cold. Bananas only make fruit on trees that are over a year old or have 35+ leaves so they have to make it through one winter, might have to try one anyway but it will have to be protected one winter.

http://www.floridahillnursery.com/

Ordered two of these, they look like regular banana trees .

http://www.floridahillnursery.com/banana-tree-plants-c-3/musa-basjoo-banana-tree-p-18

and one of these just because I liked the way it looked.

http://www.floridahillnursery.com/banana-tree-plants-c-3/ensete-glaucum-snow-banana-tree-p-244

This is another cold hardy variety but I did not want it because it can grow to 40' tall.

http://www.floridahillnursery.com/banana-tree-plants-c-3/musa-mekong-giant-banana-tree-zones-6-10-p-407

• Moderators

Don't know where but I know how he placed the order

never mind...epic failure on my part

Not sure what you are thinking but the way I placed the order was to tell the wife "hey I want some of these for the garden", and she ordered them. :o:D

Don't know where but I know how he placed the order

never mind...epic failure on my part

Not sure what you are thinking but the way I placed the order was to tell the wife "hey I want some of these for the garden", and she ordered them. :o:D

Like a smartazz I was trying to embedd a link to "Banana Song" on youtube. It's catchy as the kids say

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!