What I Got Today!

Brac

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Small 00001.jpg

You lucky guy :) Had ordered one of these Ultimax drivers to put in a Dayton 3 cuft box (as you recommended). But it got delayed and delayed so finally substituted the 15" HF woofer.  Sounds pretty good though :D  Have fun :) with those.

Cheers, Emile

22 minutes ago, Emile said:

You lucky guy :) Had ordered one of these Ultimax drivers to put in a Dayton 3 cuft box (as you recommended). But it got delayed and delayed so finally substituted the 15" HF woofer.  Sounds pretty good though :D  Have fun :) with those. -Cheers, Emile

Oh, so you got the HO driver instead of the Ultimax?  I saw your thread, but I didn't know that.

I'm telling you, even though the Umax was out of stock you didn't miss a thing. In fact, I think you did better.  Remember, that RSS390 HO is tremendously musical.  I have one and love it.

Klipsch CF4_00005.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Oh, so you got the HO driver instead of the Ultimax?

Almost :)  Got the "HF" driver as the specs were "perfect" for the cabinet. The "HO" driver (even though they sell it with the kit) is mismatched to the cabinet, requiring ports, etc...

Cheers, Emile :D 

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

The "HO" driver (even though the sell it with the kit) is mismatched to the cabinet.

Ah, so you got the HF instead of the HO.  Got it.  :)

I know you think so, but the HO is not mis-matched.  PE tech guys were asked that exact question and they had valid reasons why the HO was better for the sealed 3 cuft box.  From my seat-of-the-pants the sub is tremendously musical I think because the excursion is controlled by the sealed box, it never gets out of control.  It is perfectly matched to the tight bass of the CF-4's.

I picked up the dual Umax's and Inuke because I got a deal on them.  The Umax will dig deeper and frankly I am afraid I will lose that tight controlled LF the Reference 15 provides.

I think I'm going to put the dual Umax's in the Mancave so I can play with the settings.  I actually have a pair of Inuke 3000 w/dsp so each sub will get its own Inuke with up to 2000 watts.  I plan on using the limiter function so the power doesn't go above 1200 or 1600, not sure which just yet.  The Umax's will handle 800 watts each.

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

PE tech guys were asked that exact question

Strange ... corresponded with them also and was told "NO; better for car use; absolutely needs ports if you want to use it in your house." :D  Sure it sounds great ... we all know specs do not mean much :)

Cheers, Emile

7 minutes ago, Emile said:

Strange ... corresponded with them also and was told "NO; better for car use;

That is strange.  The note I read was from a few years ago, your correspondence was recent so would think that is the most up-to-date information.  They need to get their stories straight.

I know there are all kinds of sub modeling software but I stick to the kits.  I am happy with what the smart guys come up with, and I really don't care if the sub is tuned for 20 Hz or 30 Hz.  It just doesn't matter to me as long as it sounds good.  B)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

It just doesn't matter to me as long as it sounds good

Totally agree :D FYI ... bought the box for the "Ultimate" ... then it was out of stock so wanted to get the "HO" but wanted to make sure it "fit the box" ... then was told I should "port" the box or go with the "HF."  Anyhow; sounds awesome ... thanks for recommending this. 

Cheers, Emile :D 

It's the Schiit.
20180428_150735.thumb.jpg.45421c9a04f66b53b271775f7a62aeb3.jpg
Ok Carl......how does it compare to the stock D2? I'm taking into consideration your D2 does not have the discrete opamps or an upgraded tube.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk