What I Got Today!

Brac

30 minutes ago, fuzzydog said:

Finally got a @Youthman deal.  RF-82s in as-new condition for $100.  

Wow!  Youthman deal indeed! 

Be sure to give your brother-in-law a call to say thanks!  😎

+++

So, what's the rest...of the story?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Wow!  Youthman deal indeed! 

Be sure to give your brother-in-law a call to say thanks!  😎

+++

So, what's the rest...of the story?

Just happened to be the first guy to respond to the Facebook Marketplace ad the seller posted yesterday.  

Honestly I worried that it might be a scam because of the low price and poor photos, but the seller was located in a nice neighborhood and he was very responsive to messages.  

Remarkably, the seller was knowledgeable of what he was selling and was familiar with Klipsch.  He just seemed in a rush to sell.  Super nice guy too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Facebook reminded me today - 

yey.png.eb687fe1f9bc122343c45cea28c4223f.png

I didn't go though.  I was working overtime - I telecasted the whole thing though.  It was one of those things where I could either spend $80 to rent the stuff, and get crammed into a sardine can for 3 hours, or make $210 and use the $80 for a nice meal after work.  I chose the latter.

Next stop AMU for the pH.D.

• Like 4

On 5/12/2018 at 9:33 PM, The History Kid said:

I didn't go though.  I was working overtime - I telecasted the whole thing though.  It was one of those things where I could either spend $80 to rent the stuff, and get crammed into a sardine can for 3 hours, or make $210 and use the $80 for a nice meal after work.  I chose the latter.

Congratulations!  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  ㊗️  🈴️

+++

Hey, I like these new forum emojis ^^^!  The first Japanese emoji means "congratulations" and the second one means "passing grades." 

• Like 1

I just ordered this $7 remote for my Onk 717 AVR from China.  I know what you're thinking, this post should go into the "What I Will Get 3 Weeks from Now" thread but I couldn't find one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-ONKYO-RC-834M-RC-836M-TX-NR414-TX-NR515-TX-NR717-AV-Receiver-Remote-Control/222957583018?hash=item33e94ebaaa:g:NlkAAOSwVrta5xgj

I feel pretty confident in this transaction as according to the ad, there are "more than 49% sold."

It looks like I'm their second customer and the other guy who bought one was pretty happy.  Besides, if I don't like it I have 30 days to send it back to China, so what have I got to lose?     🉐️ (Japanese sign meaning "bargain.)

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2018 at 9:33 PM, The History Kid said:

Congrats....just curious, what is AMU?

First fruits uv de season:  a few termaters and some figs. Had more uv each, but my wife enjoyed a few. The fig tree has responded well to the vigorous pruning I gave it over the winter, and is producing more and larger fruits this year.

IMG_0615.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBCODD said:

First fruits uv de season:  a few termaters and some figs. Had more uv each, but my wife enjoyed a few. The fig tree has responded well to the vigorous pruning I gave it over the winter, and is producing more and larger fruits this year.

IMG_0615.JPG

Figs and tomato...

41 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Figs and tomato...

A few figs, finely diced, makes an excellent addition to a fresh home grown pasta gravy. Adds texture and flavor, not to mention vitamings and anti oxidants.