What I Got Today!

Brac

Haha ... pair of KP-3002's :D  Just tried them in my (small) stereo room.  Supposedly 60-15kHz, but think they sound better than my Forte I's.  102dB vs (Forte) 98dB. K-48 woofer with a K-65 HF driver on the 604 horn. Horn is AWESOME!

IMG_2134.JPG

• Like 6

Quote: " Haha ... pair of KP-3002's :D  Just tried them in my (small) stereo room.  Supposedly 60-15kHz, but think they sound better than my Forte I's.  102dB vs (Forte) 98dB.  "

That 102 db efficiency is sales bunk, just a big peak on the response nothing more. You can believe it if you like but you will only be kidding yourself. Measure your speaker at 100 Hz. if you want a more realistic measurement then watch it roll off like a falling rock below that. The woofer in a system will determine. Your horns are more efficient but you have to balance them to the woofer. So if you want more then you either need a very much larger horn loaded woofer(s) or go active with very long throw woofers.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Let us know how that pair works with the sub

Hi John,

Sub is in a different room :(  

But ... specs say 50Hz for these ... actually think they are better than my "32Hz" Forte's :D 

Cheers, Emile

Edit ... correction 60Hz

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emile said:

Haha ... pair of KP-3002's :D  Just tried them in my (small) stereo room.  Supposedly 60-15kHz, but think they sound better than my Forte I's.  102dB vs (Forte) 98dB. K-48 woofer with a K-65 HF driver on the 604 horn. Horn is AWESOME!

IMG_2134.JPG

4 hours ago, moray james said:

Quote: " Haha ... pair of KP-3002's :D  Just tried them in my (small) stereo room.  Supposedly 60-15kHz, but think they sound better than my Forte I's.  102dB vs (Forte) 98dB.  "

That 102 db efficiency is sales bunk, just a big peak on the response nothing more. You can believe it if you like but you will only be kidding yourself. Measure your speaker at 100 Hz. if you want a more realistic measurement then watch it roll off like a falling rock below that. The woofer in a system will determine. Your horns are more efficient but you have to balance them to the woofer. So if you want more then you either need a very much larger horn loaded woofer(s) or go active with very long throw woofers.

Stick them in the corners...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Emile said:

IMG_2134.JPG

I have the heresy hi-sm... 70- ?

have them in the corners..

and they rock.!  Yes not all the low end...

but  dynamic sounding

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

I have the heresy hi-sm... 70- ?

have them in the corners..

and they rock.!  Yes not all the low end...

but  dynamic sounding

@dirtmudd ... Yes; that's the word I was looking for :D  ... extremely DYNAMIC ... like them better than my Forte's.

You have these??? Awesome ...

kp250.jpg

I got dusted !

The little woman decided to use the riding mower, in the morning while it was cool and the windows were open.

Sad Jube.

She has taken full responsibility, and has agreed a punishment is in order. Hmm...20180724_111546.thumb.jpg.f62204283386ad31db4ce05aa29c554f.jpg

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Speed said:

I got dusted !

The little woman decided to use the riding mower, in the morning while it was cool and the windows were open.

Sad Jube.

She has taken full responsibility, and has agreed a punishment is in order. Hmm...20180724_111546.thumb.jpg.f62204283386ad31db4ce05aa29c554f.jpg

I think a spanking would be appropriate.

f34ff10e048969ff49f1f6a936597697.jpg

It’s a Sansui 5000a that I snagged at a pawn shop for $150 out the door. I am going to be using it with the Rotel record player I acquired last week.

Already dropped it off at Turntables and Trails, a really cool vintage store here in Seattle, to get fully serviced and cleaned. I am also going to keep my eyes out for a wood case.

Now I need to grab some similar year Heresys to round out my vintage 2 channel system. Pretty excited to get all this pls school gear up and running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wonder if you turned it up loud enough if that dust would just merely... BLOW away.

Definitely worth a try. I just experimented with that same thought in mind. Success![emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just bought one of these Sherbourn amps for my computer speakers. Is 200 wpc too much for a pc speaker?....lol

sherbourn.jpg  

Sherbourn's TST 2/200. The Class AB power amp can drive up to eight pairs of stereo speakers and is rated to deliver 200 watts per channel to four pairs or 100 watts to all eight, both into 8 ohms. There are both RCA and balanced XLR input connectors and gold-plated binding-post outputs. The amp uses "thermal shift" technology, which automatically switches between three levels of output voltage to match the speaker impedance, guarding against overheating. An infrasonic filter removes low-frequency content that could cause distortion. The front panel has only a master power button, a blue LED pilot light, and eight on/off switches for the speaker pairs. Price: $1,000.

Read more at https://www.soundandvision.com/content/new-products-september-2002#dGA8td5rdX7ZL8Co.99

• Like 2