What I Got Today!

Brac

20 hours ago, -js- said:

I don't have this just yet, but hoping to go look-see-touch-hear it tomorrow.  a local guy here posted a Carver M1.5t for what seems to be a very reasonable price.  says it's hooked up, can hear it play etc.  I've been looking at mostly multi-channel amps for HT system, but this one, at this price, is too good to pass up.  so hopefully it comes home tomorrow to give it a try.

Good luck, I hope it meets your expectations!!!!!

I'm a big Carver fan myself. I started out with a CT-7 & M1.0t and then to a CT-17 & TFM-4.0 and then replaced the CT-17 with a C-16 and there was other Carver stuff along the way. Then I moved to Bob Carver's Sunfire Symphonic Reference Preamp and a B&K Reference Power Amp. My biggest problem is I never get rid of audio equipment I replace; it goes back into the original boxes and then to the closet full of audio stuff!

• Like 1

I have become a Carver fan myself, after learning the name & doing some light reading about him.  I would say a legend in amp tech, certainly a leader among others.  when I was building my amp "wish list", the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature was/still is at the top of the list for my budget.  and that's a bit of a stretch.  but still - set high goals, right?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, -js- said:

I have become a Carver fan myself, after learning the name & doing some light reading about him.  I would say a legend in amp tech, certainly a leader among others.  when I was building my amp "wish list", the Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature was/still is at the top of the list for my budget.  and that's a bit of a stretch.  but still - set high goals, right?

If you have not discovered it check out https://thecarversite.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

Have a surprise for Gia.... She does not know ... Yet !  She is still sleeping.. And I don't have any coffee in me...

But she can now ... Mark this of her summer bucket list !

IMG_20180819_065528_hdr.jpg

IMG_20180819_065604_hdr.jpg

Good mornin,,, Can I come too?

• Haha 1

what I got ... yesterday actually.  finally pulled the trigger on a HT amp for the front of the system.  built a list, started watching, pulled the trigger on this guy that was delivered yesterday - an Acurus 200x3 to feed the Cornwalls up front, and if we add a center down the road, maybe that too.  got this one from over on A gon.  hooked it up to test it last night.  nice.  although I was surprised to learn that apparently running an external amp via tape monitor on my HK receiver seems to bypass the volume control.  makes sense - reading the monitor signal path.  but volume control would have been a great thing.  hoping to get it installed in the HT system maybe as soon as tonight to see how it delivers, primarily on the low freq of the CW.

A200x3.jpg

• Like 3

IDK if any of you folk enjoy vintage furniture, accessories & the like.  my fiance & I do.  "won" an auction on this guy almost 2 wks ago, picked it up last weekend.  Duncan Phyffe drop leaf dining room table.  not perfect by any means, but we like it.

DF table.jpg

• Like 2

I'm into furniture... albeit not colonial style. That looks nice, kind of suspicious there is no wear pattern... how old is it supposed to be?

I really like mid century design like Paul mccobb or Heywood Wakefield etc... Or mission and arts and crafts style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same here, yet have a great example of a gate leg coffee or end table in mahogany.  I Like the other styles, but American primitive speaks to me for antiques---for contemporary we have Ethan Allen Shaker style (American impressions) all over the house.

Besides the gate leg, my favorite has to be the his and hers Plymouth Rockers.

29 minutes ago, Schu said:

I'm into furniture... albeit not colonial style. That looks nice, kind of suspicious there is no wear pattern... how old is it supposed to be?

I really like mid century design like Paul mccobb or Heywood Wakefield etc... Or mission and arts and crafts style.

oh, idk how old it is.  we didn't pay an arm & a leg for it, and it may not be authentic Duncan Phyffe, but is a nice representative of the style.  it does have some wear on the top & hinges that may not show in photo.  main thing = we like it, and even if it's a lookalike, that's ok with us.

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Same here, yet have a great example of a gate leg coffee or end table in mahogany.  I Like the other styles, but American primitive speaks to me for antiques---for contemporary we have Ethan Allen Shaker style (American impressions) all over the house.

Besides the gate leg, my favorite has to be the his and hers Plymouth Rockers.

ya, we have several occasional tables etc - at least 1 gate-leg, we have 2 Duncan  Phyffe style mahogany finish (veneer probably) drum tables, a folding top "game table" that opens up to size of a small card table.  it's a fun hobby we enjoy.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Schu said:

I really like mid century design ...

Haha ... picked up this Telefunken "mid century" stereo console.  Going to put a vintage amp in it (Yamaha CR-2020 or CR-620 or Marantz or ??? Don't have any spares, but found some decent ones on CL.) And bought RF-3 speakers from @falcon20x for it.  

Jeez ... bigger job than anticipated ... Oh well, too late now :D 

Telefunken.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... picked up this Telefunken "mid century" stereo console.  Going to put a vintage amp in it (Yamaha CR-2020 or CR-620 or Marantz or ??? Don't have any spares, but found some decent ones on CL.) And bought RF-3 speakers from @falcon20x for it.  

Jeez ... bigger job than anticipated ... Oh well, too late now :D 

Telefunken.jpg

Tubed or SS?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Tubed or SS?

"Had" a tubed Telefunken Concerto 5296 Wk in it.  Not working and did not feel like spending $400 to "repair" it.  So; ripped it out :D  Which BTW was a major pain ... they really build these consoles very well "back in the days." Looks like they build it "around" the receiver :( :) 

Cheers, Emile

On 4/14/2018 at 7:27 AM, Schu said:

I saw the B2 only one time... at the Rose Parade years ago.

We go to the Indy 500 and a few years back in the military aircraft flights there was a B2 and it was scary how close it got before I heard it and then I looked up and at it and I was like OMG I SURRENDER!!

John Kuthe...

7 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

We go to the Indy 500 and a few years back in the military aircraft flights there was a B2 and it was scary how close it got before I heard it and then I looked up and at it and I was like OMG I SURRENDER!!

John Kuthe...

A B2 flew over this year's race also. It's so big, it looks like a city flying over!

• Like 1