The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No tube amp I have ever heard has the control that the digital amps do over the bass.

Maybe that's an issue with the preamp.....Try a Mcintosh preamp, like the C22-III.  You might change your mind.

Could be.   I have heard plenty a McIntosh amp/Preamp combo but admittedly, none of them was ever with klipsch or any horn loaded speaker for that matter.   McIntosh is generally above my pay grade which is why I have never given them a go in any of my systems.   For my $$$, spending more on a preamp than on my main speakers surpasses the point of diminishing returns.  I'm sure they sound amazing.   

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Maybe that's an issue with the preamp.....Try a Mcintosh preamp, like the C22-III.  You might change your mind.

Odd, it showed that I said that (what you quoted) in the quote feature.

I have used PrimaLuna and rogue audio with great results.   Who knows, maybe I should go back to a tube amp (not a $5k used model though).   I would only be willing to try something different if I am thoroughly dissatisfied with my current purchase.   

I know McIntosh is the holy grail for many, but for me it's a Leben CS-300XS (or older discontinued CS-300) integrated amp. Would love to have one of those hooked up to my La Scalas with a simple DAC.

I haven't ever, nor will I ever say that Mcintosh (or any other brand for that matter) is the holy grail of anything.  My comments are purely my own and are SUBJECTIVE based on over 55 years of experience listening to everything from vinyl to 8 track to cassette to CD, etc, etc, etc, and from Radio Shack to Bose to Klipsch and others.  There is no such thing as objective hearing....it's all in your mind.

• Like 2

mug2.thumb.jpg.65734627f218610d27052656336fec42.jpg

I went with a low cost upgrade. Enjoying coffee in my new mug. Coffee tastes a little better, sounds much better, a little "forward" but better.

Helps support the museum too!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

=== a B2 Stealth bomber fly over directly over the house. NASCAR race day at Kansas Speedway, only about 15 miles from us. They usually fly a couple older fighters or several times, Warthogs. I was actually waiting outside as more often then not they fly over the track then turn in our direction as they head back to Whiteman Airbase. Wife came outside said a Stealth just flew over the track and sure as shite I hear it coming. And I mean a direct fly over - had we been the target, well —-. And you can hear them for several minutes after they pass over - this ain’t no Southwest 737. These babies rumble —  . Damn kool — 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:

=== a B2 Stealth bomber fly over  

and no pic?

I got something pretty COOL for my B&K 200.7 S2e155ba5fb9e1c6581712e71579c004ec.jpeg

48307deba7bf05ad5e0365014696520a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There's a guy on the Facebook page that bought a wine fridge for a gear rack. It has glass doors, looks good, hope it doesn't produce any moisture!

• Like 1

Didn't actually get these Audio Nirvana AlniCo drivers today, but I got to install them today in my Oris horn mains and my Open Baffle center.  Really excellent driver.  I ran a full frequency sweep to see just how capable it was at modest dB levels and was surprised to see that it actually had output from 20hz to 20kHz! That's amazing.  Of course, you can't get much output at below 150Hz in my Oris. 

As my center open baffle, it does extremely well upon first listen.  Tomorrow I will be really listening. I just finished running Audyssey Pro on the system.

ANCenter.jpg

BoxesAN.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/21/2018 at 6:19 PM, Ceptorman said:

There's a guy on the Facebook page that bought a wine fridge for a gear rack.

No, that was a joke.  He was kidding.   B)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

What are your thoughts on the amp? Are you using it with chorus?

Stock Chorus IIs.

Not fatiguing, and at the same time confident at all my volumes. I usually don't go above 90db. Very quiet noise floor, an important criteria for me. The gain controls on back are a nice option.

I've been using the smaller model to this AT1202 for years, the AT602 (60 x 2). Same sweet sound signature.

Love ATI amps!

55 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

Stock Chorus IIs.

Not fatiguing, and at the same time confident at all my volumes. I usually don't go above 90db. Very quiet noise floor, an important criteria for me. The gain controls on back are a nice option.

I've been using the smaller model to this AT1202 for years, the AT602 (60 x 2). Same sweet sound signature.

Love ATI amps!

Yes indeed. I'm still wanting a couple of these in my system after using Carl's 1502 for a few months. I always just have something else more pressing when the cash is available.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I always just have something else more pressing when the cash is available.

Goats and chickens

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Goats and chickens

Most recently, pigs. But yea.. any/all of the above usually fill in that blank of "Is this more important than ___________?"