What I Got Today!

Brac

You certainly have been going through a lot of tubes lately.  If I ever convert to that side again, I know who to contact for some killer deals [emoji16]

I've learned one thing lately.....stick with NOS. The cheap new production tubes I've tried blow. Except for the ones made in China at the Shugyang plant.....the Psvane Treasure Series. Those tubes have really proven themselves as far as sound quality goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Moderators
On 11/17/2018 at 9:48 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

KI 396 II

On 11/18/2018 at 1:17 PM, Westcoastdrums said:

I won't speak for Jerry, but my thoughts on them quickly are very tight and punchy bass that extends surprisingly deep, silky non fatiguing highs even at high volumes that are very detailed and excellent imaging.  I FINALLY found the right pair of speakers for me. 

Don't blame you at all, they are a great speaker, had a chance to listen to them for weeks in Arkansas in a huge building, we would crank them up at night. No matter the volume they sounded great, even low they have detail, louder and the bass is surprising and tight.

It's the one model we don't have here that I would want, I did have a chance to get some but couldn't figure out where I could put or use them so I passed. If I could only have one set of speakers on the small side it would be the 396's easily. 

When Roy was first designing them he used them for a Pilgrimage, this was playing into a huge park with a few baseball fields next to each other it filled the whole park..........there were a few subs used also, 12.

There may have been a few changes to the model since before going into production but the basic idea was done.

pilgrimage_2011-1_(239).JPG

pilgrimage 2011 (2).jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Don't blame you at all, they are a great speaker, had a chance to listen to them for weeks in Arkansas in a huge building, we would crank them up at night. No matter the volume they sounded great, even low they have detail, louder and the bass is surprising and tight.

It's the one model we don't have here that I would want, I did have a chance to get some but couldn't figure out where I could put or use them so I passed. If I could only have one set of speakers on the small side it would be the 396's easily. 

When Roy was first designing them he used them for a Pilgrimage, this was playing into a huge park with a few baseball fields next to each other it filled the whole park..........there were a few subs used also, 12.

There may have been a few changes to the model since before going into production but the basic idea was done.

pilgrimage_2011-1_(239).JPG

pilgrimage 2011 (2).jpg

=== pre mumps —

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm looking forward to one of my buddies gigs where I can bring the 396s and actually use them to their full potential.   I can tell they will be damn impressive.   If you think they sound good at reasonable volumes, they get exponentially better the louder they play.  

Where we have the Pilgrimages in AR at Rodneys clubhouse it's a big metal building with roll-up doors on each end. At the time he lived on the other side of the property about a mile away and he would leave to go to sleep around 1-2am, after he left we would change the music and crank it up even more, we would have the walls shaking. More than once the cows would all come out of the fields to see what was going on, it was funny. Once he came back because he forgot something and we just left it playing, he had a giant smile when he walked in, he loved it when people had a good time there. 

We spent over 10 weeks there one summer with different trips, I got to hear them alot, I know how good they are, very cool speaker especially for a small footprint.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, ssh said:

Was that the year that we donated to the tornado relief? 

SSH

I think it was, it was the time it was crazy hot, almost no one came out to the park until late evening. 

It was the year Trey set up that huge tent thing for shade with fans.

pilgrimage_2011-1_(46).JPG

• Like 1